JB Called Out by Jeff Goodman | Syracusefan.com

JB Called Out by Jeff Goodman

One of my grad students posted a video on Facebook today of her taking this challenge. If it raises money, it is great.

Raised 1.35 million since July 29, 2014. So this video posting is helping.

Ice water on yourself to benefit ALS and give you a heart attack in the bargain. :crazy:

Raising money for a worthy cause is great, but this seems kind of stupid.

I am all for raising money for charity but this seems kind of silly, a 70 year old guy probably shouldn't be dumping ice water on himself.

Briancuse said:
I am all for raising money for charity but this seems kind of silly, a 70 year old guy probably shouldn't be dumping ice water on himself.

Ethel Kennedy did it and she's a lot older than JB.

I was cynical about it at first because I thought it was more about people looking for attention on social media as opposed to actually helping fight a disease, but by all accounts donations are way up so it's working.

I was cynical about it at first because I thought it was more about people looking for attention on social media as opposed to actually helping fight a disease, but by all accounts donations are way up so it's working.

Finally one of my friends on FB filmed herself with a tall cool glass of ice water drinking it while holding a fresh clean $100 bill that she is donating instead. If I get called out, that's my plan as well. Maybe I'll dump the bucket on my kid instead.

I really love the dumping the ice in just seconds before the dump. Silly. The water could be luke warm for all we know.

5.7 million at this point. 400%+ more than the same campaign last year and still picking up steam. JB would/should no doubt take the "write a $100 check" option that comes with the challenge.

Reminds me of a rafting trip I did through the Grand Canyon years back. They would scoop water out of the Colorado river in a 5 gallon bucket and randomly pour it over your head. It was known as a "bucket head." They did it, ostensibly, to stave of heat stroke since it was 115 degrees out. But that water is 45 degrees at the most and it was mind altering to suddenly and unexpectedly be doused with it.

All of the guys on CNBC were doing it yesterday. Carl Quintanilla challenged Warren Buffett and the CEO's of T-Mobile and AT&T.

Somebody challenged Belichick a few days ago...don't know if he did it.

Jimmy is a great guy for charities. I guarantte he has already donated to ALS. He's too much of a boss to dump water on his head. I see too many celebrities and kiddies on facebook dumping ice on their heads and I have to wonder how many of them actually take the time to donate. I realize most of them do if for the attention ( which is sad) but JB is a legend who doesn't give a what anyone thinks. that's awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom