JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is our thing here
21423289z.jpg

Appears to me that she has branched out from being just a Mom and is now her son’s personal trainer and coach. It also sounds like JB wasn’t asked his opinion and that MM’s absence was presented as “the way it’s gonna be.”

Seton Hall might be a batter choice.
Townie. Its called liability.

You’re right about this.

But that doesn’t mean that boeheim is without flaws or that these self-inflicted wounds aren’t worthy of criticism (maybe not 15 pages worth of criticism). It is possible for someone to hold these two ideas simultaneously - boeheim is a great coach that Syracuse will struggle to replace, and sometimes he does or says stupid things.

So what would you call the non-stop discussion of these so-called flaws by people who suggest they are fans of the program?

We can't even enjoy a win. Could something like this divide the team? Didn't Moyer help recruit Bazley, both of them from Ohio?
On the contrary. I'm enjoying today's win and the season. And especially this hysterical (in every sense of the word) thread.

I don’t think jb is trying to run off Moyer at all. Others have said that who have taken this too far.
I agree. This is a ridiculous thread that has been blown out of control. Moyer is a team player that has helped recruit players to the team and is a good athelete. When given an opportunity he can score.

Townie. Its called liability.
And that may be why JB said in the presser that he would never play anyone who doesn’t want to play.

Why you are throwing that concept in here is puzzling, unless it’s just part of the “everything but the kitchen sink” debating strategy.

I'll tell you right now, the same circumstance would've been frowned on just as heavily in D-3... You don't directly disobey the med staff bc your parents say to, not without the staff's ire anyway.
As a coach I wouldn't be happy either. It wasn't like JB threw a tantrum. He didn't like it and any coach wouldn't. D3 the just wouldn't play u again till following year lol

This is why Boeheim backed Frankie last year. Because he respects a person that will fight for something, not that he was right or wrong, but you can't just take it away from him without a struggle. That's why he's an alpha and it appears that Moyer is not.

Just because the Moyers were loyal to the program doesn’t mean they now have a license to interfere with said program.

I agree. That's why I said that JB is the person who should determine if a player can play. However, we are not privy to what Matt has been telling the coaches and the training staff and we don't know the severity of the injury. Maybe Matt has been saying that he can't push off the ankle but that he'd give it a go because we are so short-handed. The kid would do anything to help the team. In fact, I think what's happened here. This was a high ankle sprain. Matt came back quicker than usual. I am guessing he said he'd take one for the team but was frustrated by his inability to push off on the ankle. His parents probably then told Matt to shut it down because it wasn't progressing with him playing on it. They were looking after their kid. JB was right to be upset that in trying to look after their kid, the Moyer's undermined his authority.

So what would you call the non-stop discussion of these so-called flaws by people who suggest they are fans of the program?

What would I call it? I have no idea. I’m not sure what this is supposed to mean.

I support boeheim. I wish he had stepped aside for Hopkins last year, but it doesn’t surprise me that he didn’t and now that he’s here I’m happy we have an all-time great coach for another few years. What comes after is undoubtedly scary.

But damn I wish the guy would not insult his players in press conferences. There is no upside to this (say what you will about Roberson but all that tough love certainly didn’t turn him into a better player). And it is hard to imagine how publicly taking a shot - however oblique - at a players parents is not going to have ill effects.

Heck, even if you think all of this is over-reaction, it is utterly predictable over-reaction, which is going to create a sideshow, potentially seep into the national media, and risk another round of Jim-boeheim-is-a-jerk coverage. That can’t be in any way helpful.

This is why Boeheim backed Frankie last year. Because he respects a person that will fight for something, not that he was right or wrong, but you can't just take it away from him without a struggle. That's why he's an alpha and it appears that Moyer is not.

So is it cool if we bump all the posts that were running Frank out of town last year and call them bad fans?

You wouldn't understand it
I have absolutely no idea who Jimmy Hart is or what Wrestlemania entails. But that you two do gives me a picture of your other sports interests.

If any of you actually saw the kid's ankle you would understand why there is no need for 17 pages on this. And if it was your son, you would not be pushing him to play through it. How JB and/or the father handled it - both badly IMO from what is publicly known - is irrelevant to the fact that the kid's ankle appears to be a mess in the picture I saw that was presented as Moyer.

Well, we expect you to keep scrolling. Unless you have a note from your dad.

When I had a sprained thumb, I just used my index finger to scroll. Was maybe 60% as fast, but I was still able to contribute to the forum a little bit(positively or negatively, that’s all opinion)

Their son is hurt.
They aren’t bitching about PT or micromanaging his career.
They are advising their kid not to play when isn’t feeling good enough to play.
JB can be pissed about this privately but saying anything publicly does nobody any good.
Moyer’s parents aren’t wrong to advise their son if he is hurt.

Annette Moyer is no helicopter mom. She's a fantastic advocate for kids in the Columbus, Ohio area-- very active in a ton of basketball programs and is a beloved member of the community. She and her husband were not trying to wave a big middle finger at JB. They were concerned for their kid's welfare. It could've been handled differently, perhaps, but people who are equating her to TT's mom can get bent.

When I had a sprained thumb, I just used my index finger to scroll. Was maybe 60% as fast, but I was still able to contribute to the forum a little bit(positively or negatively, that’s all opinion)

It's been my experience that when one thumb is sprained you just scroll with both thumbs. Or something.

If any of you actually saw the kid's ankle you would understand why there is no need for 17 pages on this. And if it was your son, you would not be pushing him to play through it. How JB and/or the father handled it - both badly IMO from what is publicly known - is irrelevant to the fact that the kid's ankle appears to be a mess in the picture I saw that was presented as Moyer.

I was shocked he got back out as quickly as he did, even with d1 level treatment options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom