JB Fist Pump at End of Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB Fist Pump at End of Game

I know we are doing great in a big game when after a big late bucket JB stands up and does the hand flapping thing which means - everyone get back. Been doing it forever. Can someone find me a gif if you know what I'm talking about?
I do the same thing with my girls basketball team. I don't even think about it. I know it is strictly a mental reaction from watching JB do it all these years.

Maybe it was good to have the season go the way it has ... I really appreciate these wins even more knowing how awful this team was not long ago. It still is not guaranteed that we make the tourney but we have a couple great wins on our resume at last and are finally looking good enough to bring in some road wins.

THIS is why the debate a few weeks back about the "great season with early tournament exit" vs. "rough season with tournament run" is mind boggling to me. When you're on the roller coaster, the downs may be rough (especially on this board), but the ups are so much sweeter...then when it ends on a high note, it's among the most memorable.

When you're on top all year, you're more relieved after a win than overjoyed. Spend more time nervous than elated. Sure, you can brag to your non-SU friends all season about the team's ranking, but that shouldn't be what fanhood is about. Then when your fears are realized in the tourney, it's hard not to imagine "what might have been."

Give me a 2013 or 2016 (or hopefully 2017!) season anytime over a 2010 season.

With 1 minute 14 seconds left in the game there was a loose ball when Virginia was on offense, Va lost the ball and it seemed to be in no ones possession while players were grappling for it on the floor,yet the refs granted Va a time out. I was so ticked off but then realized that it was Virginia's last TO. It worked out. Hope Roberson works on his free throw shooting, he's gotten worse each year he's been at SU. :(
Hasn't every Syracuse player got worse every year they were here? If Gillon and White stayed a couple of years more, they would be down to about 60%

Hasn't every Syracuse player got worse every year they were here? If Gillon and White stayed a couple of years more, they would be down to about 60%

As a lark I just quickly checked a few 4 year players.
GMac, Kris Joseph, Rak Christmas, Craig Forth, Demetrius Nichols, John Wallace, Baye Moussa Keita, Hakim Warrick, Trevor Cooney, Josh Pace

Not one of their senior years were their worst free throw shooting ones. My big surprise was not realizing what a bad free throw shooter Josh Pace was - his 4 year average was 50.6% and his junior year he only made .390 of them.

GMac, Kris Joseph, Rak Christmas, Craig Forth, Demetrius Nichols, John Wallace, Baye Moussa Keita, Hakim Warrick, Trevor Cooney, Josh Pace

Not one of their senior years were their worst free throw shooting ones. My big surprise was not realizing what a bad free throw shooter Josh Pace was - his 4 year average was 50.6% and his junior year he only made .390 of them.
I was joking

I didn't get a chance to see the game but got to see this at the end (great job by ESPN for having it, by the way). Anyway, probably agreeing with what everyone else said here. If a picture is worth a thousand words, that reaction is worth a thousand. He doesn't have to say thing about 1,000 that reaction spoke volumes. Sort of similar but aside from like 2003 the other time I remember a similar JB reaction was against UNC at The Garden in 2009. I think that case he was glad to beat big, bad UNC and was happy to show everyone that we were legit (if you remember he had been telling everyone about Wes Johnson and saying how great he was).

Scoop and Arinze are the first two who come to mind as counterexamples.

It'd be interesting to chart this, but my casual observation is that kids often come in and shoot inconsistently as freshmen, then plateau as sophomores and hover within a couple percentage points of that for the rest of their careers. So there's statistical improvement from the first year to the fourth year, but -- especially for kids who play sparingly as freshmen -- some of that is due to the freshman year percentage being artificially low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom