JB in Rochester talks bigs, foul trouble,NIT etc | Syracusefan.com

JB in Rochester talks bigs, foul trouble,NIT etc

Gee, none of the JB critics thanking him for admitting it was his fault there is no big man in the middle of the zone?

And saying that everyone is coming back? Hughes saying he's not sure about that.

Rochester definitely makes the most sense given the short turnaround and potential for serious complaining trying to sort ticketing for a small venue like OCC or War Memorial with a 24/48 hour turnaround from selection Sunday to tip off.

I don’t think we need to win the ACCT just not lose again until the semis.

Thanks, Cherie!
Well, you can't say he never takes blame!

Well, just as JB stated in the NCST post game presser relative to Hughes' pre-game injury..."I guess there's a first time for everything"...same applies here. :)

Far more interesting than the AD Wildhack interview posted a couple days ago! ;)

Playing in Rochester is the best choice.

Sell tickets for $5 to $20. The idea is to sellout the place (12-13K). There is a chance the NCAA will count this game into our season average. We do not want to lose out to UK on a technicality.

This is the only arena close enough and big enough to help our season attendance average.

Cuse might only be a 3 or 4 seed so this might be the only NIT home game.

Remember all ticket revenue in the NIT goes into a collective pot. No real incentive to maximize revenue at the determent to Tix sales.

Playing in Rochester is the best choice.

Sell tickets for $5 to $20. The idea is to sellout the place (12-13K). There is a chance the NCAA will count this game into our season average. We do not want to lose out to UK on a technicality.

This is the only arena close enough and big enough to help our season attendance average.

Cuse might only be a 3 or 4 seed so this might be the only NIT home game.

Remember all ticket revenue in the NIT goes into a collective pot. No real incentive to maximize revenue at the determent to Tix sales.

The game would need to be March 17th as there is an AEW event scheduled for March 18th (NIT site says all first round games are one of those two days)

I’ve been on Boeheim’s case for a while. He deserves a lot of criticism in my opinion.
With that being said I am really glad to hear him finally take some responsibility. That goes a long way and really helps his image.
Big ups to Jimmy for stepping off his pedestal for a moment.

The game would need to be March 17th as there is an AEW event scheduled for March 18th (NIT site says all first round games are one of those two days)
You think we could add one or two of the AEW guys onto the roster to play center. It would add 10 more fouls.
AEW-rankings.jpg

Last edited:
Not as much as some of JB's detractors!
JB’s critics, IMO, come in two basic flavors.

The Disappointed - Who don’t seem to handle the frustration associated with SU losing at all well and need someone or something to lash out at. JB is the convenient target especially under the theory that the HC is responsible for anything and everything. The anger in the posts after almost any loss suggest to me that these people just might be a little over-invested in the success of the program.

The Experts - What better validation of their own intelligence than demonstrating they are smarter than JB and that if only he or JW would listen to them things would be better?

Just about any fan forum is like this.and these posters really don’t like it when someone disagrees. Although they loudly trumpet their own right as fans to complain.

"Just about any fan forum is like this.and these posters really don’t like it when someone disagrees. Although they loudly trumpet their own right as fans to complain."

those who purport to trumpet their own knowledge and acumen are the biggest fools.
and you sir sit first chair in that egocentric orchestra. your bugle blasts nonsense from the bell and drips smarm from the spittle valve . it is the wise man who admits his own ignorance.
these forums are built to discuss varied opinions. and from this free discourse knowledge may be attained.

Last edited:
Didn’t Glens Falls already reach out to see if we’d NIT at their arena? I’d go there first, Ra-Cha -Cha if we have a second game.

Wh
"Just about any fan forum is like this.and these posters really don’t like it when someone disagrees. Although they loudly trumpet their own right as fans to complain."

those who purport to trumpet their own knowledge and acumen are the biggest fools.
and you sir sit first chair in that egocentric orchestra. your bugle blasts nonsense from the bell and drips smarm from the spittle valve . it is the wise man who admits his own ignorance.
these forums are built to discuss varied opinions. and from this free discourse knowledge may be attained.
I see I’ve scored another direct hit on one of the regular critics.
When will you be confessing your own ignorance?

P.s. With this stilted attempt at being erudite, you are exposing yourself.

P.s. With this stilted attempt at being erudite, you are exposing yourself.
you stick it in before you blow

360156000000000-00-500x500.jpg

it'a called a " mute"

Last edited: