JB in Rochester talks bigs, foul trouble,NIT etc | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB in Rochester talks bigs, foul trouble,NIT etc

Didn’t Glens Falls already reach out to see if we’d NIT at their arena? I’d go there first, Ra-Cha -Cha if we have a second game.
I'd think you look at both. If Girard is the new GMAC then I can see them filling it up easily (5000).

Rochester is larger though and a more important market for SU. Edit...well maybe round 2 ugh

Selfishly, I’d love them to play the NIT games in Rochester.

Unless we win out and just miss the Big Dance, chances are we wouldn't be hosting the NIT game anyway. Anyone remember Kentucky/Robert Morris from a few years back -- that was @ Robert Morris (and Kentucky was a #1 seed, but Rupp was hosting the NCAA's). I don't think folks are going to work too hard to find us an alternate home court if it comes to that...

In any event, let's just keep winning and keep hope alive. Please.

Monday Morning my friend
Its not like we were blindsided by the possibility of an NIT game this year combined with the dome renovation schedule.
We have been BubbleCuse for what seems like the past 5 years combined with a young team replacing veteran starters and the writing has been on the wall that NCAA was probably unlikely this year

Its not like we were blindsided by the possibility of an NIT game this year combined with the dome renovation schedule.
We have been BubbleCuse for what seems like the past 5 years combined with a young team replacing veteran starters and the writing has been on the wall that NCAA was probably unlikely this year
It's not like this is a big problem.

Just play the NIT games on the road. It will be cool for whatever low D-1 conference champion misses out on the dance and gets a home game against big name P5 team.

If we can play the second round game in Rochester then do that maybe.

JB assuming the responsibility is a good job by him. As it shows the Townie type posters JB isn’t god and knows he has made some mistakes.

When you tell the truth and don’t bury your head in the sand then frustration is lessened.

Ugg, was hoping BlueCross could host

Does anyone know if Del Lago or Turning Stone could set up a bball court and be a viable host site?
A game in the Event Center would be cool but don’t think the seating is well suited for hoops

Just play the NIT games on the road. It will be cool for whatever low D-1 conference champion misses out on the dance and gets a home game against big name P5 team.

JB assuming the responsibility is a good job by him. As it shows the Townie type posters JB isn’t god and knows he has made some mistakes.

When you tell the truth and don’t bury your head in the sand then frustration is lessened.

Not that my opinion should really count since I wouldn't be able to go either way, but I also think it would be kinda fun to play a road game someplace we haven't played before or very often.

JB’s critics, IMO, come in two basic flavors.

The Disappointed - Who don’t seem to handle the frustration associated with SU losing at all well and need someone or something to lash out at. JB is the convenient target especially under the theory that the HC is responsible for anything and everything. The anger in the posts after almost any loss suggest to me that these people just might be a little over-invested in the success of the program.

The Experts - What better validation of their own intelligence than demonstrating they are smarter than JB and that if only he or JW would listen to them things would be better?

Just about any fan forum is like this.and these posters really don’t like it when someone disagrees. Although they loudly trumpet their own right as fans to complain.

Curious to see how you'd describe JB's sycophants.

Do these sycophants like it when someone disagrees with their posts?

That JB makes mistakes does not in any way suggest that his critics are right about anything whatsoever.

Although you would like this to be trie
Curious to see how you'd describe JB's sycophants.

Do these sycophants like it when someone disagrees with their posts?

Describe what you mean by “sycophants”.

Do you mean “defenders “ against the attacks by the outraged amateurs on here?

My experience is that the defenders on here understand they are engaging in an argument or debate. They expect there to be give and take.

It’s the critics that start the name calling instead of debating.

As your use of the term “sycophants” amply demonstrates.

That JB makes mistakes does not in any way suggest that his critics are right about anything whatsoever.

Although you would like this to be trie

Describe what you mean by “sycophants”.

Do you mean “defenders “ against the attacks by the outraged amateurs on here?

My experience is that the defenders on here understand they are engaging in an argument or debate. They expect there to be give and take.

It’s the critics that start the name calling instead of debating.

As your use of the term “sycophants” amply demonstrates.

In this context, "sycophant" refers to one who refuses to criticize JB, and defends him at every turn, regardless of subject matter. Are you ever critical of JB?

You say that the "defenders" expect there to be give and take? Funny, as many of the critics of JB are quick to offer praise when they feel it's deserved and appropriate.

Might want to look in the mirror, re. name calling...

I consider sophomores to be "young guys".

Where would any of the freshmen go?
I don't know ... I don't get wrapped up in who stays and who goes, but that the roster changes every year. It's pointless to try and predict. The only guy I've got <95% confidence in staying at least four years is Buddy.

Selfishly, I’d love them to play the NIT games in Rochester.

I think we should play one early season home game in a rotating cycle of Buffalo, Rochester and Albany every single year. Give those fans a bone who drive from those cities to attend games, and build the fanbase with younger fans from those places.

I think we should play one early season home game in a rotating cycle of Buffalo, Rochester and Albany every single year. Give those fans a bone who drive from those cities to attend games, and build the fanbase with younger fans from those places.
I don’t have too strong of an opinion but that’s a good way to piss off season ticket holders