JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

A lot of people here speculating with absolutely ZERO inside information. Stop letting your inner thoughts drive you down non-existent roads. Everyone just jamming random puzzle pieces together and making stuff up. Just give it a day or two. After that presser, it is going to be addressed.
Not true.

Again your assuming Wildhack has carte blanche on this, trust me he doesn't. This involves the entire University at the highest levels.

Yeah unless John was running a private business and owned it 100% outright, in what world would he have carte blanche. ton of moving parts and not even close to him just pulling the trigger on his own. Crazy to think otherwise. John is head of one department of the university, plenty of others he needs to answer too on a decision of this magnitude. He's not dismissing the ladies softball coach here. Measure twice cut once.

I want them to tell him to his face that it's time to move on and we appreciate everything you have done and can you help with fundraising and then have a press conference and announce it.
And you think that hasn't been broached repeatedly in the past few years? What do you think JB's reaction has been?

Spoiler: not pleasant.

We played real well today, and were ever so close. We just ran into a hot shooting team. It happens. We can build off this.
....not this team, not this year

What a complete joke and cluster this has turned into. Halftime of GT/Pitt on ESPN now making jokes about when I was a kid my parents told me to always say what you mean and mean what you say.

You reap what you sow. The university owns this as much as JB. :(:mad:

I do care for the program. I'm frustrated and tired of all this and honestly resent the university leadership for the handling of hop. I think he would have gone differently if he hadn't come to Seattle. That was our chance and they screwed it up. I love Red and I'm rooting for him
Hop left because he knew JB was going to fight to the death to keep him from taking over. It’s not about the administration.

He saw this type of maneuver from JB coming.

There are people here that do have information and are dropping hints (or in some cases, outright saying it) if you pay close attention.
Yeah. I don’t believe that at all. Like whatsoever. Jim Boeheim nor his family are on the thread. Neither is the AD or the Chancellor. That’s it. That’s the list who knows something.

I want them to tell him to his face that it's time to move on and we appreciate everything you have done and can you help with fundraising and then have a press conference and announce it.
I agree it should be done face 2 face but we don't know what they tabled to deal with after the season is over. i do feel like something got under his skin to bring up these post retirement deals that K, Roy, Brey got.

I think JW has done nothing wrong per se if the plan was to wait till end of season and then deal with this. Perhaps a conversation happened and JAB didn't get the list of toys he wanted in his severance package.

Do we know 100% certain that his contract is effectively up too? If it isn't he's not going to retire if it removes the pay package there

There is a right way to handle things and a wrong way. I have left plenty of jobs, you always leave with your head high, take the high road. JB is not taking the high road, this isn’t on the university unless they have said in no uncertain terms that they don’t know if they want him back and JB truly doesn’t know. Keep it in house and do it the right way.

I think he just loves coaching basketball and doesn’t want to stop.

Everyone is treating this like some selfish, prideful thing. Why can’t it be that he just wants to coach basketball?

People are acting like he has to admit he can’t coach anymore like it’s some objective fact. They’re acting like confidence in your own abilities is a character flaw.
I do think he just can't bring himself to quit

It’s not. This is the worst take possible if you care for the program. Good luck being Autry.
I think this is why you Call Wright and Miller. No way you can turn Red loose into this. Awful

Not true.
I mean it’s definitely true while also not being true. There’s a bunch of people who know stuff and are saying it, there’s also s bunch of random people who have no idea who want to their their voice heard. The problem with this board, like any form of social media is everyone thinks and speaks with their own emotions and thoughts, not the peoples who matters.

Excited to see how much the university and JB can embarrass themselves this week.

Just put out a statement ending it today. Get it over with and hire outside of the current bench if JB wants to throw temper tantrums.

I know this is on everyone's minds and probably the biggest story in program history, so let me just put it out there - are we getting an NIT bid or not?!?! Long few days coming up, amiright?!

Mike Brey and Coach K announced in unison with the school DURING the year. And had a celebration on their last home game.

JB did not, despite his gaslighting, have a retirement speech after the last game.
Coach K, Roy Williams, and Jay Wright all announce retirement after the season was over, not in a post game press conference. Maybe the University, JW and JB have a similar plan. Let the dust settle for a minute and then have a proper press conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom