JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

My take after thinking about this: He isn't going to retire until the university provides him with some golden parachute that hasn't been discussed yet.

This is what I posted yesterday: Been told 1 more year for JB

Let me highlight some of it:

I am hoping that the JB decision is locked (whatever it is) and that JB and the University are ready for this week at the ACCT and are ready to be rowing the boat in the same direction, hitting the same cadence.

If he's retiring, great. Let's do it respectfully and celebrate his extensive achievements. If he's not, the plan next year has to be crystal clear. The message has to be in full harmony.

I have stated my preference for the coaching situation, this isn't commentary on that. This is about how next steps are handled, messaged and supported.

Yeah, didn't happen.

All involved parties should be highly embarrassed.
and none of us should be surprised that it was handled poorly. It is who we are and what happens when nobody will lead and tell someone it's time.

The follow-up should have been "If they want you back, will you be back?"

Matt Park said "I think he wants to be bought out."
That is the only thing that makes sense about that presser.

Well, he just clarified that he wasn't announcing retirement.

That was a good question there at the end, to push him on that.

Which is so weird being that he also stated he gave his "retirement speech." If you're not retiring, why give a speech? Classic JB.

Well, that was interesting.

Complained that K and Roy got jobs at their schools but no one has talked to him about it yet.

And he's not going to let the University get off the hook by retiring on his own.

So it's basically a bad break up.

Sure sounds like a guy who wants to be paid to step away as coach.

I don’t think an extra million or two, if it’s even that, matters to the almost 80 year old multi-millionaire.

and none of us should be surprised that it was handled poorly. It is who we are and what happens when nobody will lead and tell someone it's time.

100%

AD, Admin, JB, everyone.

This question was coming, everyone knew it and we wonder why we've been bad for years and years and have a joke of a recruiting situation at the moment.

This is a giant mess.

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.

The university will have to “let him go.” He can’t do it himself.
And it sounds like if they offer him some made up position in the AD, he would go that route and bow out gracefully?

it's ALWAYS about money.

He wants to get paid on the way out. They probably haven't shown their cards there or offered something substandard. He also took below market for decades.

Sad that it ended this way. Really sad
More than money, he wants John Wildhack to say, "Jim, it's time. Enjoy yourself in retirement, but stay close to us."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom