JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

Perhaps he has done a self evaluation and he feels like he should be coaching. Or maybe he thinks Red or GMac ARENT ready, and JW is a fool for making that the plan. You can assess yourself/the situation wrong but that doesn’t mean he’s a coward.

Right if he did that self evaluation and came to that conclusion then he doesn't have the courage to face reality.

Very disappointed in Wildhacks leadership on this. Make a decision get out in front of it, avoid the embarrassment. You know the individual you're dealing with, play some chess save the University some face and give the fan base, alumni, and other interested parties some direction. Such a failure. Solid muddy waters we've got. How can you handle this so poorly.
We simply don’t know what the university or JW have said or decided. Maybe there was a plan to have a press conference back in Cuse, but I agree that knowing JB this was probably going to happen

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.
You have the confidence the University has the backbone to fire him? I really don’t. Curious to hear your thoughts on if there is a power struggle there, will they ultimately be willing to fire him?

Right if he did that self evaluation and came to that conclusion then he doesn't have the courage to face reality.
That’s a non-sensical take. Your assuming that evaluation criteria is binary, it’s not.

Perhaps he has done a self evaluation and he feels like he should be coaching. Or maybe he thinks Red or GMac ARENT ready, and JW is a fool for making that the plan. You can assess yourself/the situation wrong but that doesn’t mean he’s a coward.
If Jim did a "self-evaluation" and believes he should still be coaching...then there are much bigger issues at play.

If Jim did a "self-evaluation" and believes he should still be coaching...then there are much bigger issues at play.

"Great coach or greatest coach... which box should I choose?"

Well we've been hammered over the head that "You can't JB because..." Donors, deals, friends, etc.

Now he's making them fire him. So unless that was bs, JB is making the University the enemy to these people.
Oh absolutely agree.

Idk, I’m not going to pretend I know what it’s like to be a power 6 coach, and I’m not going to pretend I understand how difficult turning a program around is.

Well, that was interesting.

Complained that K and Roy got jobs at their schools but no one has talked to him about it yet.

And he's not going to let the University get off the hook by retiring on his own.

So it's basically a bad break up.
If you take a step back and look at this this is 100% on the University leadership or lack thereof. No way do you not have these conversations ,no way do not have a plan.

This is 100% on The board of trustees, Syverude and wildhack

To take it a step further wild hack having come from ESPN presents me with something that's absolutely mind-boggling and inexcusable to have happened today. How to you allow that senario to happen?

I don't think he wants to come back to coach. I think he wants to come back to collect a pay check. A big difference. If he wants to coach he should go to the NBA and sit on a bench with one of his buddies for a few years.

This is a public negotiation where the AD/BoT screwed up the entire situation without going to him and getting specifics on the table.
I don’t think he cares about the money. Maybe this has something to do with his pride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom