JB on with Gottlieb at 3:15 | Syracusefan.com

JB on with Gottlieb at 3:15

Where’s the eating popcorn .gif when you really need it?

Interesting take on players being committed to coming back another year

Missed the interview - can you share more?

Gottlieb talked about how hard it is now to have any depth, young players play well for a year, then bounce. He was alluding to next year and trying to keep Battle and Brissett on the farm once they were able to draw some attention to themselves in the Tourney. JB was pretty quick to agree in general but said he felt our players are "pretty committed to being back next year"

Gottlieb talked about how hard it is now to have any depth, young players play well for a year, then bounce. He was alluding to next year and trying to keep Battle and Brissett on the farm once they were able to draw some attention to themselves in the Tourney. JB was pretty quick to agree in general but said he felt our players are "pretty committed to being back next year"

This is pretty news-worthy, no? I get that it can change fast, but Boeheim is not the type to mince words.

Consistent with what I had heard second hand.

JAB also says things.

I'm not worrying about who is on the team next year until fall practice starts.
To each their own. It just caught my attention, that's all and I think it's newsworthy since it seems like it's been a forgone conclusion all year that we were losing at least one player next year. As I said, I get that can change, but I think it's fun to think about the possibilities if everyone comes back.

I think this is very noteworthy.

I think odds of Battle jumping are about 60-40 & Brissett 25-75 based on those comments.

Which is a heckuva lot better than I thought they were (Battle primarily -- always thought Brissett was coming back).

Then again, this all changes if we make a Final Four run.

Did he call him out on the whole "Syracuse shouldn't even be here" nonsense??

yeah, JB called out Doug's hypocrisy, for slamming us in the past for our poor OOC and how that should keep us out, meanwhile Ok State had a horrific OOC this year and yet DG thought they should be in. Doug kind of backed off on the Ok State deserving to get in thing and seemed to want to move on from his SU should be out crap. the two of them generally got along well, Gottlieb wasn't nearly as obnoxious as normal. he must be medicated.

I think this is very noteworthy.

I think odds of Battle jumping are about 60-40 & Brissett 25-75 based on those comments.

Which is a heckuva lot better than I thought they were (Battle primarily -- always thought Brissett was coming back).

Then again, this all changes if we make a Final Four run.

Per rule, IF a player leads us to a FF run, then they are allowed to declare for the Draft with our blessings.
See: MCW, Mali, Lydon (he waited a year first)
It's in the bylaws. ;)

Now, it'd kinda suck to potentially lose BOTH of Battle and OSB, but again, IF it's because they carried us to our most improbable Final Four in program history, then we thank them for that, and cheer for them as they ride off into the sunset to go get PAID.

JAB also says things.

I'm not worrying about who is on the team next year until fall practice starts.
Really?

This board was in full meltdown mode after the Green flip and the Thompson debacle. Heck, even now we have posters predicting next year's starters and minutes played off the bench.

We'd all be thrilled to have Battle & Brissett back next year - Can you imagine? That would be an incredibly talented and deep team - but I'm not counting any chickens. If Brissett throws up yet another double-double against Duke he's going to gain some serious traction. I don't know about being drafted in the top ten, but somebody's going to get in his ear.

If Battle has a 30 pt game and 'Cuse advances, thats another guy that's gonna get an ear worm. As if he already doesnt have one. Nobody thought Ennis would go after one year and Lydon was supposed to be here at least 3 if not 4 years.

Its really nice to hear that both would like to stay but as Jasonrob44 said - it can change fast.

Per rule, IF a player leads us to a FF run, then they are allowed to declare for the Draft with our blessings.
It's in the bylaws. ;)

Now, it'd kinda suck to potentially lose BOTH of Battle and OSB, but again, IF it's because they carried us to our most improbable Final Four in program history, then we thank them for that, and cheer for them as they ride off into the sunset to go get PAID.

I begrudgingly agree with the Final Four rule as outlined above.

It's in the bylaws. ;)

Screw that! We have seen that rodeo in '13 & '16...if it happens again, it better be because they've delivered us the pot of gold! Otherwise, I want them back!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom