JB Post game presser NC | Syracusefan.com

JB Post game presser NC

Not an unfair question.
It's a stupid question and one that says you're not watching. It's easy to MMQB. Games are lost like this at every level. Just happened in the Cavaliers/Knicks game where for the third straight possession, Donovan Mitchell took it to the rim instead of passing but luckily got the ball back where Evan Mobley decided to take a fadeaway 18 foot shot instead of kicking it out to Darius Garland or Jarrett Allen under the rim. It seems like an eternity from afar, but the game speeds up when you're losing.

The student is trying to trigger Coach. How he asked the question was to antagonize him and get him to take a shot at somebody.
Walking away is probably the best thing he could other than say he has to coach better.

I don’t want the coach ripping any players so saying nothing is a good reaction.
To that student congrats you got your Twitter clout.

The student is trying to trigger Coach. How he asked the question was to antagonize him and get him to take a shot at somebody.
Walking away is probably the best thing he could other than say he has to coach better.

I don’t want the coach ripping any players so saying nothing is a good reaction.
To that student congrats you got your Twitter clout.
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the question, but I agree that I prefer JB just walking off than saying something cringeworthy like has happened in the past.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the question, but I agree that I prefer JB just walking off than saying something cringeworthy like has happened in the past.

Kid got exactly what he wanted. Clout. How things are asked matter as well. I agree with your point but this wanted to create a soundbite.

Coach handled it right. Walk away. If he asked what are you doing to try and fix late game struggles I doubt the question doesn’t get answered and Coach probably gaslights us. The question wants to elicit a negative answer so if I were Coach I just ignore those.

Why should the media care how they ask him questions when he hasn’t respected one person in the media for decades unless he wins ? I didn’t think there was anything wrong with that question. JB doesn’t even answer their questions half the time and respect their jobs so I guess he now understands what it’s like to be on the receiving end of a tiny bit of attitude

Why should the media care how they ask him questions when he hasn’t respected one person in the media for decades unless he wins ? I didn’t think there was anything wrong with that question. JB doesn’t even answer their questions half the time and respect their jobs so I guess he now understands what it’s like to be on the receiving end of a tiny bit of attitude
Exactly and if it was a national reporter JB would have had some pat answer. The kid gloves he gets is insane.

Kid got exactly what he wanted. Clout. How things are asked matter as well. I agree with your point but this wanted to create a soundbite.

Coach handled it right. Walk away. If he asked what are you doing to try and fix late game struggles I doubt the question doesn’t get answered and Coach probably gaslights us. The question wants to elicit a negative answer so if I were Coach I just ignore those.
There was zero percent anything wrong with the question asked.

When you have less than three passes a possession in the final five minutes, don’t block out on free throws and turn a one-point lead at home into a loss, it is more than a legitimate question.

And this after a fold down the stretch versus Miami.

Tough games. But fair question.

When you have less than three passes a possession in the final five minutes, don’t block out on free throws and turn a one-point lead at home into a loss, it is more than a legitimate question.

You just answered the question, if a fan can see what’s going wrong, why ask the coach to reiterate?

I

It’s not an unfair question. It’s a question intended to elicit a negative answer. Again the kid didn’t do anything wrong but if he wants the question answered it’s how you frame it.
JB isn’t going to play ball with those questions. Usually he would go on the attack. Here he did the right thing. Just ignore the questions and be done. If he would keep his mouth quiet more it would be beneficial to him.

You just answered the question, if a fan can see what’s going wrong, why ask the coach to reiterate?
Because the fan doesn’t get quoted in the news article. The reporter’s job is to report versus provide self analysis.

I

It’s not an unfair question. It’s a question intended to elicit a negative answer. Again the kid didn’t do anything wrong but if he wants the question answered it’s how you frame it.
JB isn’t going to play ball with those questions. Usually he would go on the attack. Here he did the right thing. Just ignore the questions and be done. If he would keep his mouth quiet more it would be beneficial to him.
Totally fair take.

Could always just give a boring non answer “we’ve gotta execute better as a team and get it done” and move on and nobody would care.

Could always just give a boring non answer “we’ve gotta execute better as a team and get it done” and move on and nobody would care.
Boeheim is tenured so he does whatever he wants. And that has become more entertaining than the product in the floor too much of the time the past three years. Sigh…

He’d still get skewered.

We are terrible in close games. 6-12 since the start of last season and we almost fumbled a couple more of those 6 as well.
Lack of a true PG: that is someone who grew up running teams to close out games.

The question was fine if the team completely imploded. I would challenge that as there were mitigating factors. Also his tone is interesting. Hard to believe he hoped for a true answer it was a classic gotcha/no good answer question.

Fair or not, it wasn’t a thoughtful question. You can tell in the way it was asked it was more of a statement than a question and the reporter wasn’t interested in JB’s answer. It was a, “hey, you guys suck at the end of games. Just thought you should know.”

To the point about the way JB treats the media; why be nice? They’re not friends. They’re happy to write nice things when things are nice. They’re eager to write crappy things when things are crappy. They wouldn’t hold back from criticizing him in print or on radio shows. Why would he hold back criticizing them in press conferences? Media members who complain about JB being thin-skinned are thin-skinned themselves.

Questions can be both fair and uncalled for. It might be fair to say your mother-in-law is fat. That doesn’t mean you say it.

Fair or not, it wasn’t a thoughtful question. You can tell in the way it was asked it was more of a statement than a question and the reporter wasn’t interested in JB’s answer. It was a, “hey, you guys suck at the end of games. Just thought you should know.”

To the point about the way JB treats the media; why be nice? They’re not friends. They’re happy to write nice things when things are nice. They’re eager to write crappy things when things are crappy. They wouldn’t hold back from criticizing him in print or on radio shows. Why would he hold back criticizing them in press conferences? Media members who complain about JB being thin-skinned are thin-skinned themselves.

Questions can be both fair and uncalled for. It might be fair to say your mother-in-law is fat. That doesn’t mean you say it.
We complain when the media doesn’t ask any tough questions….then complain when they do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom