JB will be the first coach to achieve 900 wins twice... | Syracusefan.com

JB will be the first coach to achieve 900 wins twice...

I will be extremely disappointed if SU doesn't celebrate JB winning 1,000 this year. He has 989 wins, I believe, so sometime around Christmas/New Year's we should expect him to reach 1,000.

If SU bows to the NCAA here, it will be very, very sad...

I will be extremely disappointed if SU doesn't celebrate JB winning 1,000 this year. He has 989 wins, I believe, so sometime around Christmas/New Year's we should expect him to reach 1,000.

I think it might be something like the 1990 Lacrosse Championship. Everybody acknowledges it. It just isn't celebrated.

I think it might be something like the 1990 Lacrosse Championship. Everybody acknowledges it. It just isn't celebrated.

The Lax thing is a little easier to get behind.

First, SU was really the best team that year and easily dispatched Loyola in the Championship game.

The offense --- co-signing a car loan for the wife of one of the Gaits --- was so weak. It was an act of kindness, not anything to do with eligibility, academics, athletics, etc.

I've never met any lacrosse fan who understood the case that felt the stripping of SU of that Championship was legitimate.

The Lax thing is a little easier to get behind.

First, SU was really the best team that year and easily dispatched Loyola in the Championship game.

The offense --- co-signing a car loan for the wife of one of the Gaits --- was so weak. It was an act of kindness, not anything to do with eligibility, academics, athletics, etc.

I've never met any lacrosse fan who understood the case that felt the stripping of SU of that Championship was legitimate.
Yeah I get that. Thing is the University won't stand in the way of some entrepreneur coming up with a shirt of towel or whatever with 1000 wins on it that fans wear to the game in question. They just won't sponsor it like they did the first time he hit 900 wins.

Yeah I get that. Thing is the University won't stand in the way of some entrepreneur coming up with a shirt of towel or whatever with 1000 wins on it that fans wear to the game in question. They just won't sponsor it like they did the first time he hit 900 wins.

I have a T-Shirt with the 1990 Championship on it.

I've mentioned this before, but it would be hilarious to just celebrate whatever the NCAA recognized number is with gusto when he hits his real 1000th victory. Think along the lines of "Beat Siena" week or something like that.

I've mentioned this before, but it would be hilarious to just celebrate whatever the NCAA recognized number is with gusto when he hits his real 1000th victory. Think along the lines of "Beat Siena" week or something like that.

Beat Siena. Wow, that brings back memories. I can can remember the Sour Sitrus Society playing "My Sharona" but substituting the words "Beat Siena" for the chorus. 144-92 What a game. Damn, I'm old.

Oh, I agree.

I plan to celebrate his 1,000 win and I'll buy the first shirt I see.

But, the only fly in the ointment for the University is pissing the NCAA off by embarrassing them or even taunting them.

My experience in life is that organizations like this and the nomes that populate them will figure out a way to make you pay dearly.

I had a friend who screwed with the SEC a little too much. The other people involved rolled over and submitted. He decided to play hard ball. Big mistake.

But, the only fly in the ointment for the University is pissing the NCAA off by embarrassing them or even taunting them.

My experience in life is that organizations like this and the nomes that populate them will figure out a way to make you pay dearly.
I agree. The University is too classy to do anything like that, as they should be.

The fans should go ham though.

Oh, I agree.

I plan to celebrate his 1,000 win and I'll buy the first shirt I see.

I had a friend who screwed with the SEC a little too much. The other people involved rolled over and submitted. He decided to play hard ball. Big mistake.
That man...Bruce Jenner.

Hopefully they don't misspell his name

A simple modest pic of JB, followed by...a picture paints a 1000 Words! ;):)

just have to celebrate JB causing 1000 losses. May ruffle some NCAA feathers but F em.

So they only take away wins? Not losses?

What about the teams we beat or lost to? Does their record or their coaches record also change to reflect the vacated wins?

If they are vacated, are we on permanent vacation or do we get to come back home?

Sorr i'm ranting and confused

No, the loss remains a loss for the losing team. It's just that the win gets vacated from the "winning" coach's record.
Thanks. Guess you already answered my question/s

Oh we HAVE to celebrate number 1,000. Most of us saw the games the NCAA took away ... we saw the wins, they happened (really!) and we need to celebrate.

The only question is how big do we go? I want to go hella big.

As one of the creators of Beat Siena week, I'm always a little astonished when someone actually remembers it.

That said, I strongly endorse this message. There could be significant mileage in celebrating the coaching milestone that is 892 wins.

As one of the creators of Beat Siena week, I'm always a little astonished when someone actually remembers it.

That said, I strongly endorse this message. There could be significant mileage in celebrating the coaching milestone that is 892 wins.
First off, congratulations. That's a major accomplishment.

Second, Beat Sienna is before my time actually. It's just such an awesome (and hilarious) story that it's a part of program lore.

First off, congratulations. That's a major accomplishment.

Second, Beat Sienna is before my time actually. It's just such an awesome (and hilarious) story that it's a part of program lore.

Thanks. It did kind of...take on a life of its own that we never fully anticipated.

One thing I can tell you: JB did not like it. At all. In fact, he's probably still stewing about it.

cnxht.jpg