JB will be the first coach to achieve 900 wins twice... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB will be the first coach to achieve 900 wins twice...

I still have a pin

Nice. Wish I'd done a better job of preserving some of the memorabilia.

I did retain one of our high-quality (cough, cough) T-shirts for a time. Same ones we convinced David Johansen and the New York Dolls to wear for their encore at the Jabberwocky a few nights before the game. They modified them a bit, but kept their promise.

Me too (I was a student then). Great job.

It was a very Syracuse thing to do. Syracuse fans have always been known for their ingenuity and humor...

All I remember was the throwing of Oranges and the -you chants. Things were simply not as civilized when I was at school. And that fat-bastard waving to the crowd in response to our boo's. And Rony Seikaly being a lot better basketball player than I thought at the time. Oh, and the crazy high cheerleader pyramids! Holy moly!

The university won't celebrate it overtly, but there is nothing stopping the fans from going crazy. Break the attendance record against Colgate, do a full up crowd sign spelling out 1000 (you know the type where all the seats have a little color card on them and when displayed together they spell something), etc.

The university won't celebrate it overtly, but there is nothing stopping the fans from going crazy. Break the attendance record against Colgate, do a full up crowd sign spelling out 1000 (you know the type where all the seats have a little color card on them and when displayed together they spell something), etc.
That would be awesome! I'm sure that will be buzz about the real 1000th win. And then we'll get to here all the haters sound off again. So I hope we do it big.