Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

On paper it makes zero sense. I wonder if that was the best the Pistons and Troy Weaver could get in return. But they do want the cap space.
Good or bad for Elijah?

Anyone else know his real first name is Houston? Just learned that...

Good or bad for Elijah?
Hard to say. Portland gave Eli a lot of opportunities after receiving him from Utah but he had minimal production. This is a big year for him.

Pistons gain cap space. Portland gains a nice asset but need more than Jerami to compete out west. A little puzzling.
The assert rapidly loses value when you have to pay it what it will be requiring . This is the type of move a win now team pulls off.. Portland is delusional

They’re doing whatever they can to get Ayton.

Exactly. Detroit didn’t want salary back, plus Jerami has a new contract coming up.

Good trade for Detroit considering where they want to go.

Exactly. Detroit didn’t want salary back, plus Jerami has a new contract coming up.

Good trade for Detroit considering where they want to go.
Jerami's next contract is going to be interesting - he really didn't show the scoring chops I think he was hoping to demonstrate at Detroit. I wonder if you shot him with truth serum he would say he should have signed the deal Denver was offering.

Jerami is a really good role player on a good team. He is not a star. He had a great situation in Denver. He’s going to end up moving from team to team. He’s made himself a good player, but not option one or two.

Jerami's next contract is going to be interesting - he really didn't show the scoring chops I think he was hoping to demonstrate at Detroit. I wonder if you shot him with truth serum he would say he should have signed the deal Denver was offering.

He's dealt with injuries the past couple of years that have disrupted his flow a bit, I think. Still, in 20/21, he was at 22.3 ppg (top 25 scorer in the league), although his 42.9% FG percentage was the worst in that top 25 (Trae Young and Donovan Mitchell were the next closest, at 43.8%). Not totally surprising that being the lead dog would knock his FG%, as his volume increased a ton and defensive focus was put on him. I don't think he's a #1 on a good team, but I'd love to have him as a #2 or #3.

The assert rapidly loses value when you have to pay it what it will be requiring . This is the type of move a win now team pulls off.. Portland is delusional
Portland is a win-now team. They just almost certainly won't be a contender unless they make a far bigger move than this (which they could theoretically do, but obviously easier said than done).

He's dealt with injuries the past couple of years that have disrupted his flow a bit, I think. Still, in 20/21, he was at 22.3 ppg (top 25 scorer in the league), although his 42.9% FG percentage was the worst in that top 25 (Trae Young and Donovan Mitchell were the next closest, at 43.8%). Not totally surprising that being the lead dog would knock his FG%, as his volume increased a ton and defensive focus was put on him. I don't think he's a #1 on a good team, but I'd love to have him as a #2 or #3.
His FG% was low, but his TS% was fine; on par with what guys like DeRozan and Jrue Holiday did in Toronto and New Orleans respectively and just a shade below guys like Tatum and Ja Morant this year. Drawing a lot of fouls and making them at a high rate does a lot for your scoring efficiency.

It's the rest of his game that makes him a poor option as a #1 or #2 guy on offense.

Last edited:
His FG% was low, but his TS% was fine; on par with what guys like DeRozan and Jrue Holiday did in Toronto and New Orleans respectively and just a shade below guys like Tatum and Ja Morant this year. Drawing a lot of fouls and making them at a high rate does a lot for your scoring efficiency.

He just needs to stay healthy and play his role. He can keep getting paid and his career earnings are and will be pretty impressive considering what he can do.

I like this trade for both teams. Weaver knows what he's doing in Detroit.

Ride shotgun with an MVP or top option on a crap team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom