Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

This is exactly what I envisioned for his junior year before he declared.

What could have been:(:(

That’s a nice dream.

But, he wasn’t this guy back then.
And still wasn’t until after a few years working on his game full time in the NBA. The shooting took a while.

Grant may have an outside chance of playing himself into the hall of fame fringe conversation. He keeps getting better and better. Portlands a good trade/3rd man away from legitimately challenging for the west

Grant may have an outside chance of playing himself into the hall of fame fringe conversation. He keeps getting better and better. Portlands a good trade/3rd man away from legitimately challenging for the west
I don’t see that at all. He’s never even been an all star. He’d have to play at a level that he’s never played at and maintain it for like 6-7 years.

I don’t see that at all. He’s never even been an all star. He’d have to play at a level that he’s never played at and maintain it for like 6-7 years.
Likely would have been one in 2020 if that season wasn’t a mess. He’s got his best ball ahead of him and anything’s possible if he can get a ring or 2. He’s got a game that won’t fade with his athleticism. Reminds me a lot of what I wish Hak could have developed into, but Hak was a better rebounder.

I think Jerami will continue to get better.

Potential was always there. He would have been great.
When he was at SU I’m quite certain there were more than a few ‘he can’t shoot’ threads like the six Benny Williams ones we have going right now.

He was a freak athlete who has worked himself into a pretty complete baller. Let’s get away from the revisionist history.

The way fans over value their own is interesting. Here is one list of NBA greats not in the Hall of Fame. I'm not knowledgeable on some to the older players, but JG is not better than any of the minders guys on this list, who were all consistently excellent over long careers. (I was surprised at Detlef not being in. He was an excellent player and an international pioneer. ).

This is exactly what I envisioned for his junior year before he declared.

What could have been:(:(
After Ennis declared, Grant probably looked around and didn't find anyone who could get him the ball.

Missed travel call on his game winner last night.
The last ten minutes of that game were rough for him. He got stuffed, and missed a few running, twisting, highly contested shots near the rim. Seems like when I watch him, his shots are all overly ambitious, with Difficulty Level 11. And then I see the box and he had 25….

Likely would have been one in 2020 if that season wasn’t a mess. He’s got his best ball ahead of him and anything’s possible if he can get a ring or 2. He’s got a game that won’t fade with his athleticism. Reminds me a lot of what I wish Hak could have developed into, but Hak was a better rebounder.

I think Jerami will continue to get better.
Not that it’s the law, but his “Hall of Fame Probability” on basketball-reference is listed as 0.0%.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/grantje01.html

It’s tough to watch a league that ignores traveling.
It was pretty egregious, but in the officials’ defense, it was obvious from a wide tv vantage point. On the floor? with a second left, I can imagine they were all focused on his hands/the ball versus the clock. Also, it may have looked like he didn’t gain possession with the first touch, and they assumed he was only getting control as he was backpedaling.

That’s all I got…. Prolly should be able to challenge more aspects of a game-ending play, though.

Check the highlights from tonight’s game against the Pelicans. Grant just made a sick play. He was at the top of the key, dribbling wayyyyy too much, and then in the blink of an eye he was past three Pels, dunking. Next possession, a three.

27 points on 10 for 20. 8 boards.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom