Jerami Grant | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant

NYCorange

2nd String
I have to admit that I was very skeptical about Jerami's pro prospects. I thought he was a freak athlete without an obvious basketball skill that would keep him in the NBA. I didn't disagree with his decision--he's banking nice paychecks, and might not have ever had higher stock. That said, Jerami is quietly becoming an interesting player on a terrible, horrific Sixers team. He's got at least one NBA level skill, rim protection, and also the sort of multi-positional defender that teams covet. If he could learn to shoot 35% from 3, he'd be in line to make a LOT of money. I'm not sure that's ever going to happen, but he's closer to being an NBA success than I thought he'd be. When you combine his success with Wes, MCW, Dion, and CM's potential, Syracuse is starting to put together a nice core of players in the league (even if MCW is currently slumping).

SVU camera tracking data ranks Grant as the 5th best rim protector in the league so far this season. Not bad at all.
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pl...ype=Regular Season&sort=DEF_RIM_FG_PCT&dir=-1

MCW had a decent showing in his last game

mcw.jpg

Grant was a star. I wish we'd have had him for another year. His pedigree shows.

He does that sometimes. Probably was Milwaukee's best player in that game, but his consistency (or lack thereof) is excruciating.

true, I think (hope) with time the consistency will come

true, I think (hope) with time the consistency will come

I hope so; as Bucks/Cuse fan, I'm rooting like hell for him. Milwaukee needs him to step up if they want to be a playoff team again this year.

I like that Syracuse has enough guys in the league to field a respectable NBA squad.

PG: MCW, Ennis
SG: Waiters
SF: Melo, Wes
PF: Grant, CMac
C: Rak

Awesome college players, one and a half great pros.

Awesome college players, one and a half great pros.

Wes and Waiters are far from stars, but both play key roles on contenders this year. They should get some credit for that.

Grant is certainly showing potential and developing nicely so far...lots of work to do still, but he might get there.

sure was nice to have long lanky pogo sticks on the back line. made up for alot of defensive mistakes.

I have to admit that I was very skeptical about Jerami's pro prospects. I thought he was a freak athlete without an obvious basketball skill that would keep him in the NBA. I didn't disagree with his decision--he's banking nice paychecks, and might not have ever had higher stock. That said, Jerami is quietly becoming an interesting player on a terrible, horrific Sixers team. He's got at least one NBA level skill, rim protection, and also the sort of multi-positional defender that teams covet. If he could learn to shoot 35% from 3, he'd be in line to make a LOT of money. I'm not sure that's ever going to happen, but he's closer to being an NBA success than I thought he'd be. When you combine his success with Wes, MCW, Dion, and CM's potential, Syracuse is starting to put together a nice core of players in the league (even if MCW is currently slumping).

SVU camera tracking data ranks Grant as the 5th best rim protector in the league so far this season. Not bad at all.
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/defense/?CF=DEF_RIM_FGA*GE*5|GP*GE*10&Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=DEF_RIM_FG_PCT&dir=-1

Who is CM?

Yes, he was the second coming of Donte Greene.

I guess I missed him or just don't remember. Thank God we have players like G, TC, and TR keeping the program going so an occasional elite player can benefit from all their hard work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom