Jerami traded to okc | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami traded to okc

Jerami was one of the best rim protecting wings, is super athletic, drew fouls like crazy last year and improved his game tremendously. If he is able to improve on his 3 ball he could have really made a difference. Not to mention they got Ilyasova who deserves no minutes over their young big men. Stupid move by Colangelo. Anyone who watched the Sixers last year should have been able to easily see Grant's improvement. He was exactly what the Sixers needed. I don't get this one.

Fans were not happy with the way the Hinkie resignation and Colangelo hiring went down. At all.

Also Colangelo literally came in after all the hard work was done. Embiid was gonna be good to go, and they were getting the #1 lottery odds for the first time since Hinkie took over. It's such bologna reasoning. Colangelo has literally done nothing so far that Hinkie wouldn't have done. Every GM would have drafted Simmons. Drafting Korkmaz and Luwawu is like, right out of the Hinkie playbook. Finding a transition PG is something Hinkie had been trying to do for years, Colangelo lucked out in that Sergio finally wanted to come back to the NBA and the bottom end PG market wasn't complete crap.

Hinkie got fired because he did exactly what he said was going to do, Josh Harris got harassed by other owners through Adam Silver as a proxy, and because Jerry Colangelo is a snake in the grass and always has been.

Bryan, I don't have ill will towards. He SEEMS so far to have learned from his mistakes in Toronto. And I'm not going to blame him for the mess his dad made. I mean hell, he was reluctant to take the job purely because he knew exactly how it would look after what happened to Hinkie.

Hinkie's resignation letter was enough for me to say it was good for him to go.

The Sixers have hope and potential. It is not a bad place to be, which was the trigger for my post.

Im a 76ers fan, and I have to admit I was excited with this trade. Ersan fits 1000% times better with Ben Simmons compared to Jerami Grant who did not fit at all. Jerami still has a LONG way to go offensively but was arguably the 76ers best perimeter defender (even though this isn't saying much). Best of luck to Jermi, tho! Always rooting for Cuse guys to do big things in the NBA. Kinda confused why the Thunder have wanted him for so long.

Jerami played 17 minutes last night and had 6 pts, 2 rebounds and 2 blocks. It looks like he will be quality member of the OKC FC rotation with Sabonis, Kanter, Adams and Roberson.

Hmmm... anyone remember the Jerami Grant "Westbrook is doo-doo" tweet? Wonder how that is going to go over on his new team?

I'm hoping Grant was at least still in college when he tweeted that.

None. But there's no huge players with athleticism and low post skills that can shoot 3's either. A guy like could be dominate, and that's what Embiid potentially is. Huge injury risk though, but you never know. There's Greg Oden who barely played. There's Yao Ming who had some good and healthy years, but his career ended young. And there's Z Ilgauskus who had a long career after severe foot problems early on.
Anthony Davis says Hello.

Davis is amazing. Not a good three point shooter though. Yet, at least. He's good to great at everything else.

Yeah but to be fair, we don't know if Embiid can consistently make 3's either.

Lot of big men seem to be taking 3's this year, Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol is already 7-18 this year after entering the season 12-68. But a better comp than Davis would be Towns, he was 30-88 from 3 last year.

Davis is amazing. Not a good three point shooter though. Yet, at least. He's good to great at everything else.
Fair enough. I haven't seen him play all that much. I thought he had been shooting from out there, though.
What about Towns? Does he have an outside (deep) game?

embiid has a lot of talent but how many centers dominate the league these days?
Not strictly centers, but the two emerging superstars are interior players--Davis and Towns.

Fair enough. I haven't seen him play all that much. I thought he had been shooting from out there, though.
What about Towns? Does he have an outside (deep) game?

Davis by year from 3:
0-6
2-9
1-12
35-108
2-11 - so far this year

So he is starting to shoot them more often and better. Still with his best being 32% in the only season he really shot some of them, it hasn't been a strength of his game so far. I won't be surprised at all if he becomes a good three point shooter, and he is clearly working on making it a part of his game.

Towns was 30-88 as a rookie, which bodes well for it becoming a big part of his game if it fits what the team needs him to do. He's 3-8 so far this year. Embiid is 2-5.

Yeah but to be fair, we don't know if Embiid can consistently make 3's either.

Lot of big men seem to be taking 3's this year, Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol is already 7-18 this year after entering the season 12-68. But a better comp than Davis would be Towns, he was 30-88 from 3 last year.

Davis was 3-27 in his first 3 years combined, Embiid is already 2-5. So yeah, I'd say his production from 3 this year is likely to be similar to Towns. We'll see. His stroke looks good. His total numbers will certainly be limited by his minutes this year(and hopefully only by minutes and not injuries).

The Thunder traded an older front court player Illysova for a younger front court player Grant. The Thunder had a log jam at the 4/5 with Adams, Sabonis, Kanter, Illysova, Collinson and Lavearne. And they had to cut Mitch Mcgeary. Thats deep. So in the trade for Grant, they must be thinking he can play the 3, at least defensively, as they only have Roberson and Morrow there. Abrines seems more like an NBA 2 guard. I think its a good move for the Thunder and Jerami. They really dont need him to score while he continues to develop his shot and his defense against 3's will be more valuable than Illysova's depth at overload positions. And he is now on a winning team!

Cusefannotindc said:
Kyle Singler is getting NBA paychecks

And spending his money on creepy haircuts.

Davis was 3-27 in his first 3 years combined, Embiid is already 2-5. So yeah, I'd say his production from 3 this year is likely to be similar to Towns. We'll see. His stroke looks good. His total numbers will certainly be limited by his minutes this year(and hopefully only by minutes and not injuries).

Brook Lopez has already made more 3's this year than he did in his entire career prior to this season. Seems like every big man is trying 3's now.

I'm somewhat interested to see how Philly shakes out all the big men they have on their roster.

image.jpg
And spending his money on creepy haircuts.

I don't understand why Durant skates on his recent decisions and/or behavior/comments. If that was LeBron the world would be on fire.

I love KD the player, but he's such a fake tough guy. Didn't say boo to Westbrook, who dumped on him leading right up to tip off. Didn't say boo to Kanter, who chirped from the bench all night. Grant drops a deuce on his chest, and he calls him a "pu$$y" after hitting a layup.

KD, you're great, but you're teetering on Kevin Garnett "I only talk to the young kids and the unknown foreigners" territory.

I love KD the player, but he's such a fake tough guy. Didn't say boo to Westbrook, who dumped on him leading right up to tip off. Didn't say boo to Kanter, who chirped from the bench all night. Grant drops a deuce on his chest, and he calls him a "pu$$y" after hitting a layup.

KD, you're great, but you're teetering on Kevin Garnett "I only talk to the young kids and the unknown foreigners" territory.
KD is the most unlikable "nice guy" ever.

You ran off and joined the Warriors to be Stephs second fiddle. You don't have the right to talk **** to anyone.

Hate Garnett. He broke into the league when real tough guys like Oakley and the Davis boys were playing. Never said anything to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom