Jeremy has been pointing this out a lot but what a | Syracusefan.com

Jeremy has been pointing this out a lot but what a

GoSU96

Living Legend
stretch of games.

Albany, UMd, @UVA, STJohns in Atlanta, @JHU, @ Duke, ND.

Crazy.

Nobody has a stretch close to this.

JH is playing Michigan, Princeton, Mount St Mary's, UMBC before SU,

Duke has Penn, Stony Brook, Maryland, Loyola, UNC, Furman,

UVA opened with Loyola, Richmond, Drexel, still has Rutgers and Mount St. Mary's before SU

If SU has 2, 3, 4 losses after this I hope people aren't freaking out.

We're the ND of lacrosse. Trying to keep an independent schedule.

stretch of games.

Crazy.

UVA opened with Loyola, Richmond, Drexel, still has Rutgers and Mount St. Mary's before SU

Our schedule is always back-loaded. SU, @CU, @ND, JHU, VMI (how'd they get in there?), @UMd, @UNC, @Dook

stretch of games.

Crazy.

Thank you, glad I am not the only one who cant figure out how Syracuse signed off on this mess. First off I put a lot of this blame on Syracuse, when your playing your first year in the ACC and every team is a projected top 10 (they knew this well in advance) you have to adjust your schedule. Now in all fairness they did drop Princeton but some of the other decisions are mind boggling.

Even though we won the game I didnt see the need to schedule Albany this year. I just didnt see the upside for Syracuse especially if we took a loss. The only thing I can figure is that Desko assumed (and rightly so), if we play these guys win or lose we will likely be on opposite ends of the tourney bracket so we probably wouldnt match up again until the final four at the earliest and based on Albany's D issues a quarter matchup against a slow down team could bounce them early. Certainly glad we took the W but with the schedule as difficult as it is not sure we needed it.

Two other things that make little to no sense:
Why are we opening up league play in the third game of the year? Saturday's game is the earliest Maryland has played a conference game in like 30+ years. Syracuse and the other ACC schools should have done a much better job of setting up the schedule as UVA on March 1st should have been the conference opener. Instead we have some schools like Syracuse whose schedule is completely front loaded while a school like UVA's is completely backloaded. (just a note Syracuse's back part of the schedule isnt exactly a picnic ie UNC, Hobart ACC tourney)

Second what in the world are we doing playing St. Johns in Atlanta Georgia? Its one thing to do gimmick stuff like that when your playing in the BE with Providence and Rutty on the schedule but we go a month + without a home game and the only game we could play at home during that stretch we schedule for Atlanta? And to make sure that wasnt enough insult the freeking game isnt even scheduled to be televised! Who the hell signed off on that without a TV guarantee?

Syracuse should be playing Army or Binghamton this Saturday versus playing another top 10 team (top 5 really) in Maryland. At the very least one of those teams should have been the buffer between the JHU and Duke games both of which are on the road. Its one thing to play a tough schedule but its another to literally play one of the toughest schedules of all time. Thank god Cornell looks to be in a down year or that would be another top 10 game.

Bad job by SU and the schedule makers, Frazier strikes again.

#hardnosed

I am suprised you even know how to find the lacrosse board. Shouldnt you be supressing the 1st amendment on the bball board, lol.

Thank you, glad I am not the only one who cant figure out how Syracuse signed off on this mess. First off I put a lot of this blame on Syracuse, when your playing your first year in the ACC and every team is a projected top 10 (they knew this well in advance) you have to adjust your schedule. Now in all fairness they did drop Princeton but some of the other decisions are mind boggling.

Even though we won the game I didnt see the need to schedule Albany this year. I just didnt see the upside for Syracuse especially if we took a loss. The only thing I can figure is that Desko assumed (and rightly so), if we play these guys win or lose we will likely be on opposite ends of the tourney bracket so we probably wouldnt match up again until the final four at the earliest and based on Albany's D issues a quarter matchup against a slow down team could bounce them early. Certainly glad we took the W but with the schedule as difficult as it is not sure we needed it.

Two other things that make little to no sense:
Why are we opening up league play in the third game of the year? Saturday's game is the earliest Maryland has played a conference game in like 30+ years. Syracuse and the other ACC schools should have done a much better job of setting up the schedule as UVA on March 1st should have been the conference opener. Instead we have some schools like Syracuse whose schedule is completely front loaded while a school like UVA's is completely backloaded. (just a note Syracuse's back part of the schedule isnt exactly a picnic ie UNC, Hobart ACC tourney)

Second what in the world are we doing playing St. Johns in Atlanta Georgia? Its one thing to do gimmick stuff like that when your playing in the BE with Providence and Rutty on the schedule but we go a month + without a home game and the only game we could play at home during that stretch we schedule for Atlanta? And to make sure that wasnt enough insult the freeking game isnt even scheduled to be televised! Who the hell signed off on that without a TV guarantee?

Syracuse should be playing Army or Binghamton this Saturday versus playing another top 10 team (top 5 really) in Maryland. At the very least one of those teams should have been the buffer between the JHU and Duke games both of which are on the road. Its one thing to play a tough schedule but its another to literally play one of the toughest schedules of all time. Thank god Cornell looks to be in a down year or that would be another top 10 game.

Bad job by SU and the schedule makers, Frazier strikes again.

It's really hard, didn't say it was a mess.

We will see how this shakes out.

It's really hard, didn't say it was a mess.

We will see how this shakes out.

I know you didn't but I did. Syracuse usually plays a extremely difficult schedule but this is head and shoulders above even that. Going to be important that we take care of business at home and in games we are supposed to win because with that schedule things could snowball quickly, just ask UVA.

JeremyCuse said:
I am suprised you even know how to find the lacrosse board. Shouldnt you be supressing the 1st amendment on the bball board, lol.

Ha. I follow them and watch every game. Just not as invested as I am with bball and fball.

Ha. I follow them and watch every game. Just not as invested as I am with bball and fball.

If you watch every game then your invested my friend.

Our schedule is always back-loaded. SU, @CU, @ND, JHU, VMI (how'd they get in there?), @UMd, @UNC, @Dook
You guys always play a lot of games early. What's the logic to that, if there is one?

What doesn't kill you, wins you championships.

After this season, Maryland will get replaced by our usual guaranteed home game with Army.

We've always played UVa the first weekend in March. That hasn't changed.

So, for one season, we open conference play one week earlier than normal.

It will be interesting to see if the ACC convinces a member school to add lacrosse in order to maintain their AQ status after the twerps leave, or if they take on an associate member. If not, they're back to being an SOS-building conference. Not much difference, actually.

What doesn't kill you, wins you championships.

After this season, Maryland will get replaced by our usual guaranteed home game with Army.

We've always played UVa the first weekend in March. That hasn't changed.

So, for one season, we open conference play one week earlier than normal.
I liked having that Army game early in the year. I think it has had the effect of toughening us up.

It will be interesting to see if the ACC convinces a member school to add lacrosse in order to maintain their AQ status after the twerps leave, or if they take on an associate member. If not, they're back to being an SOS-building conference. Not much difference, actually.

I think there's going to be an announcement at the 2015 or 2016 ACC Tournament. Louisville and Pitt are looking to bank a year or so's payout to make sure their finances are straight. After that, they'll be in a position to add sports. We shouldn't lose the AQ until July 1, 2017, so there will be time for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom