Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always given the benefit of the doubt to players and in general have been in favor of the changes that have empowered them. On just about everything I’m moren inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

That being said….

This is why the AW lawyer quotes and Jesse quotes are so out of bounds. They know the University cannot respond.
They might not respond directly. They could leak what needs to be known. We’ll see. Cuse just caught a bomb and there’s different ways they can right the ship.

"Fresh start"? What is he talking about? He played about 33 mpg, we featured him in our offense, he gained national exposure at SU.

Symir could justifiably play the "fresh start" card. So could Jon Bol. But Jesse? Give me a @#%&^*# break.

My liking of Jesse is taking a big hit. As he will be an SU grad, I wish him the best in post-basketball life. As a WVU player, I hope his team goes winless.

When you’ve upset Dick_in_MI……….

"Fresh start"? What is he talking about? He played about 33 mpg, we featured him in our offense, he gained national exposure at SU.

Symir could justifiably play the "fresh start" card. So could Jon Bol. But Jesse? Give me a @#%&^*# break.

My liking of Jesse is taking a big hit. As he will be an SU grad, I wish him the best in post-basketball life. As a WVU player, I hope his team goes winless.
He's not a generational talent little shot of being drafted and if hes transferring out of any other school after 4 years there is no way he's #3 in the portal. Its not the same as sending a player to the NBA lottery but it is similar.

He might be telling the truth about our NIL efforts though especially since we still had to arrange things out of the country for him. No comment would have been the best but I don't think its ridiculous that he's being somewhat honest. These guys are going to say the same things pro athletes say when they sign with new teams.

Only current Cuse players I’d be happy going over half a mil for:

Judah
Oronde

Thats about where the list ends, and I’m a massive Wax and Shrader fan.
I guess you’re going to be ok with terrible teams from now on.

It’s been reported we offered 400k and that was our limit for him, not player specific. The problem is The optics of this are 10x worse than what actually happened. People are already calling Syracuse broke, behind, etc in the NIL game within the last hour all over social media.
People can talk about Jesses flaws, which he does have, but losing Jesse is a much bigger deal than people want to admit. End of the day he was rated by ESPN as the third best portal player. 400k is a hell of a payday, but if you know you can get 800k I don’t know how many people would turn it down, especially at his age.

As for his comments, looks awful, but I’m not going to trash the kid for them yet, what if SU offers 400 and got wind that SU was willing to put up a mil for Dickenson. Not saying Dickenson isn’t worth that but if he was getting 600k more I can see where he felt betrayed and hurt a little.

Seems like we’re going to hear more about this, going to be interesting.

Deep down he didn't want to leave.

Can't think of anyone WVU has ever had like Jesse really agile and athletic and good defensively but not strong and bad at rebounding hes the opposite of all their bigs.

Good player and its a loss but I'm not sure hes the 3rd best guy in the portal and we can go pretty far down the trough and get someone whos 80-90% of him. We also don't play the zone anymore much bigger loss if Red was going to stick to JB's defense.
West Virginia is going to be a culture shock for Jesse.

There’s a difference between being unable to compete and choosing not to.

SU doesn’t think he’s worth $800k. I don’t disagree.
If they land Dickerson or another big that is comparable to Jesse I would agree, but if we don’t get anyone I got a real problem losing out over a couple hundred thousand.
Prices are only going to keep going up in years to come.

Does WV still offer that graduate degree in Moonshine?
The Moonshine collective it is
200.gif

It's hard to keep up with all the NIL rules, but NIL can't be contingent on a guy playing for a school right? So if he comes out and directly says I'm coming to play here for the NIL then would he be jeopardizing the deal? Or am I way off?
Exactly.
Not hard to read between the BS he answered with.

If they land Dickerson or another big that is comparable to Jesse I would agree, but if we don’t get anyone I got a real problem losing out over a couple hundred thousand.

If you don’t like it, then why don’t you organize an NIL collective. Get some big boosters on board and you can direct how they spend their money on players. People love how to tell other people how to spend their money. “Just a few hundred thousand dollars.”

If the money’s not a big deal, why don’t you start a collective and save us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom