Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep

This is what we’re facing now.

So before you all go and say that SU isn’t being competitive, smart or trying…

Ask yourselves if you think Edwards is worth 400k on a Cuse basketball team? If you pay him that, then what will JJ, Judah etc. expect?

Frees up more money to go elsewhere.
It’s hard to answer without knowing exactly how much money we’re playing with but if we assume it’s around $2 mil or whatever that one article said some teams are working with, I would say $400,000 is too much for him.

So much of the NIL stuff is lacking details its hard for me to see how anyone can have any idea how much any single player is worth or not worth. Is Jesse worth 800k? I have no idea! What kind of players normally get 800k?
Here's a good website for reference

https://www.on3.com/db/armando-bacot-7505/nil/

By comparison Bacot is #81 NIL valuation at $555K. Brony is #1 at over $7M. I think the answer is yes, Jesse is worth whatever the market will bear, and it only goes up from here. How is any of this legal is the part that is just mesmerizing. Good for the players to be able to profit, but the bidding wars are making these university sports a farce

I don't know, I find the exit interview feedback interesting. I think it pulls back the curtain a bit. It's unfortunate but SU needs the collective to step and try to bring AW back. At the same time, $800K for Jesse may have been too high to justify and I cant disagree w that argument necessarily.
Example 1

By comparison Bacot is #81 NIL valuation at $555K. Brony is #1 at over $7M. I think the answer is yes, Jesse is worth whatever the market will bear, and it only goes up from here. How is any of this legal is the part that is just mesmerizing. Good for the players to be able to profit, but the bidding wars arecmakinh these university sports a farce
Their NIL valuation tool is useless. There is a kid on there they have listed at $10k that I know for a fact left a $100k offer on the table.

I understand not offering over $400K to a player that was third team ACC and had notable strength issues (such as not being able to score against opponents that put a body on him or double team him).

if Syracuse was to give him $800K, think about the precedence that would set with respect to paying (yes, Paying) or overpaying other players.

Hell, Syracuse paid Edwards $800K. Everyone knows that this or that player is twice the player Edwards is, that player should command $1.6 million….and so on and so on.

i‘m actually surprised that they offer Edwards whatever they offered him. Also really Disappointed in Edwards‘ comments. Shows his class level.

Last edited:
Ah yes have we reached the moment of the discussion again from a few days ago with people criticizing who haven't even bothered to google the SU collectives to find out how they can help?
So on top of tickets, parking, concessions, traveling out of town money, time, energy, I need to start dumping money into the roster? No chance.

This part isn’t directed at you MS, but all the BS I’ve heard for a decade about ACC money, revenue from 30k attendance, and how great Wildhack is at generating donations, why the hell are they asking for anything, especially when you threw AW out the door.

I’m a nut hair away from abandoning college sports, if SU can’t be a player with these new rules with our advantages then why should not?

SU asking for money is almost as bad as Donald Trump asking money for his defense fund. I donate money to the Salvation Army, Camp Good Days and Lungevity yearly, if I had more to donate it would go to them, not to Syracuse University.

By comparison Bacot is #81 NIL valuation at $555K. Brony is #1 at over $7M. I think the answer is yes, Jesse is worth whatever the market will bear, and it only goes up from here. How is any of this legal is the part that is just mesmerizing. Good for the players to be able to profit, but the bidding wars are making these university sports a farce

A bidding war? For PLAYERS??

Quelle horreur!!

Their NIL valuation tool is useless. There is a kid on there they have listed at $10k that I know for a fact left a $100k offer on the table.
That doesn't surprise me. Bacot has about half a dozen individual deals listed that only total 550K?

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

So basically "NIL isn't what I'm playing for, but it's what I'm playing for"

Sounds a bit full of **** to me.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."
He’s utterly full of sh.!.t.

Screw him.

You know, I have no problem with him leaving to get his bag, I have a problem with his comments. Just say you have a great opportunity to play for another hall of fame coach, or you loved the school and the team atmosphere. Comes off looking like a POS. He will never be welcome back to Syracuse in my eyes. He can eat a bag of ducks

Last edited:

Yikes Jesse, H0T Takes after transferring always work out well.

Last edited:
He’s a professional athlete essentially. He can be called out for lying.
Agree. I was one of those who tried to stay away from criticizing individual players on here under the guise they were "amateurs." NIL has really changed that aspect for me. I don't plan on getting myself banned :) , but it's a lot easier for me to be critical now.

You know, I have no problem with him leaving to get his bag, I have a problem with his comments. Just say you have a great opportunity to play for another hall of fame coach, or you loved the school at the team atmosphere. Comes off looking like a POS. He will never be welcome back to Syracuse in my eyes. He can eat a bag of ducks
How many ducks can you get in a bag?

Guess he didn’t want to tell the truth that SU didn’t think he was worth WVU’s generous bid thinking it made him look bad. He opted to bash SU and make them look bad. Uggh. He should bash Kansas and Gonzaga too, bet he didn’t get his asking price at either of those schools.

The timing is interesting regarding Jesse, Axe, Weitsman’s public attacks. Seeing Edward’s wishy washy evasive, ‘what’s he even saying’ interview with that Dan guy, bet he can be led to agree with anyone‘s take, so I expect Jesse‘s take would worsen over time after he left.

As I said earlier in another post, his story is a sad lesson in irony. If the 188 lb Jesse was coming out of IMG this upcoming season I bet he’d never even get a P6 offer with these programs preferring a transfer portal, grad transfer etc. They now all prefer a player with experience, developed body, proven competitive stats rather than gambling on developing a Jesse that the staff bet on, based only on their faith that with work they could develop his potential over a few years.

In regard to Jesse's parting comments I say
MDMxNDYz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online