Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a great, when you have a better option waiting, which we don’t. So when Hima, Patterson, Brown, Carey, et al, are getting abused, we will be pining for Jesse.
Very short sighted by NIL/BOT/Sevyrud. Their irrational arrogance and holier than thou attitude toward the new world has precipitated the downfall of SU as a program that matter in college FB and BB. The money put into the Dome will be wasted if they won’t spend what needs to be spent on NIL.
Cusefan69 needs a Bat-Signal.

Yes

That doesn't make sense unless it's a loophole. Where does it explicitly provide for that?

Also that would be a stretch in this case too.. unless everything around his dad is false.

I do not see what people are upset about what he said? He said what a lot of people have basically said, including Devendorf on his podcast. People can say whatever they want, the kid gave his opinion that Syracuse is not putting forth the effort in NIL for whatever the reason maybe. This seems much closer to fact then fiction I am sorry if that hurts peoples feelings but it appears to be reality. Edwards could have been a lot more disrespectful if it was sour grapes. All he really said was as an organization Syracuse isnt about it. Seems at least somewhat accurate. Its happening across all the sports at Syracuse, This will continue to be a problem unless you find the big donors and the right NIL program set up to keep kids at Syracuse. Or don't and just see where the teams end up.

I do not see what people are upset about what he said? He said what a lot of people have basically said, including Devendorf on his podcast. People can say whatever they want, the kid gave his opinion that Syracuse is not putting forth the effort in NIL for whatever the reason maybe. This seems much closer to fact then fiction I am sorry if that hurts peoples feelings but it appears to be reality. Edwards could have been a lot more disrespectful if it was sour grapes. All he really said was as an organization Syracuse isnt about it. Seems at least somewhat accurate. Its happening across all the sports at Syracuse, This will continue to be a problem unless you find the big donors and the right NIL program set up to keep kids at Syracuse. Or don't and just see where the teams end up.

Fiction

Mine would be Judah, and Shrader.
The point guard and QB are the heart and soul of their teams.
Oronde can't do anything without the QB getting him the ball.
May be our first real wr draft pick since? Williams?

Cant or won't
Either one tells me we might have a serious problem.
Maybe we are letting Jesse walk because we have other plans, but if it’s because we won’t or can’t keep up with schools such as WVU I don’t know how we will ever be relevant again.I guess this entire NIL and transfer portal World just hits me the wrong way and it could be time I find new interests.Maybe I’ll take up hunting and fishing.

Maybe we are letting Jesse walk because we have other plans, but if it’s because we won’t or can’t keep up with schools such as WVU I don’t know how we will ever be relevant again.I guess this entire NIL and transfer portal World just hits me the wrong way and it could be time I find new interests.Maybe I’ll take up hunting and fishing.

Looks like other schools didn’t think he was worth almost $1m either.

That doesn't make sense unless it's a loophole. Where does it explicitly provide for that?

Also that would be a stretch in this case too.. unless everything around his dad is false.
Maybe I’m wrong but I thought they could reach out to other schools to gague interst without explicitly say the players name.

Similar to how an agent can reach out to other schools about coaching opportunities for their coaching clients.

Fiction
What is fiction about this? I keep getting responses from you that you disagree with me which is fine and I welcome, but how can you argue with this? Listen I know a real solid source what Jahad Carter got when he transferred and Syracuse didn't even attempt to come close and all Ill say is its no where near what Jesse Edwards apparently go in hoops to go to WVU, it was a number that with University's that are serious about sports should have easily matched, If the kid simply just loved Ohio State so be it, but that kid really did enjoy Syracuse, and we weren't close from what I was told.

Kansas needs a center and wouldn’t top WVU’s offer either. And they’re in the same conference. Explain that.

That’s a great, when you have a better option waiting, which we don’t. So when Hima, Patterson, Brown, Carey, et al, are getting abused, we will be pining for Jesse.
Very short sighted by NIL/BOT/Sevyrud. Their irrational arrogance and holier than thou attitude toward the new world has precipitated the downfall of SU as a program that matter in college FB and BB. The money put into the Dome will be wasted if they won’t spend what needs to be spent on NIL.
We? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? Offseason has barely started, give Red some time to do what he wants to do.

Issue here is only one side of the story can be told. Thus its natural to lean towards the side that is talking.. because they can.

Also think about it like a GM. One GM goes wild... and that sometimes works. Another is more conservative and that sometimes works. NIL is too new for the best practices to be nailed down. Huge sums are naturally less likely to be sustainable. That said if you don't need them every year and just to complete your team.. well then maybe they are worth it.

Without the ability for NIL to be discussed directly and publicly by a school as it pertains to a student athlete... we are locked into the player, agents and folks in their camp always setting the narrative. That doesn't mean they are wrong. There is smoke around Jesse's situation that point to some key pieces missing that SU can't be the ones to share.

What is fiction about this? I keep getting responses from you that you disagree with me which is fine and I welcome, but how can you argue with this? Listen I know a real solid source what Jahad Carter got when he transferred and Syracuse didn't even attempt to come close and all Ill say is its no where near what Jesse Edwards apparently go in hoops to go to WVU, it was a number that with University's that are serious about sports should have easily matched, If the kid simply just loved Ohio State so be it, but that kid really did enjoy Syracuse, and we weren't close from what I was told.
Start a collective and save us.

Issue here is only one side of the story can be told. Thus its natural to lean towards the side that is talking.. because they can.

Also think about it like a GM. One GM goes wild... and that sometimes works. Another is more conservative and that sometimes works. NIL is too new for the best practices to be nailed down. Huge sums are naturally less likely to be sustainable. That said if you don't need them every year and just to complete your team.. well then maybe they are worth it.

Without the ability for NIL to be discussed directly and publicly by a school as it pertains to a student athlete... we are locked into the player, agents and folks in their camp always setting the narrative. That doesn't mean they are wrong. There is smoke around Jesse's situation that point to some key pieces missing that SU can't be the ones to share.
I dont disagree with any of that, unless the facts are that Jesse was going to leave no matter what I feel the University has to find a way to get these kids paid in order to be competitive. If Jesse was going to leave no matter what then he shouldn't have said a thing, however if there was a chance he would come back then it would appear we failed, and this is on the back of losing a Billionaire Donor.

Yep

This is what we’re facing now.

So before you all go and say that SU isn’t being competitive, smart or trying…

Ask yourselves if you think Edwards is worth 400k on a Cuse basketball team? If you pay him that, then what will JJ, Judah etc. expect?

Frees up more money to go elsewhere.
Is he worth it ? I don’t care. It’s not my money.

I dont disagree with any of that, unless the facts are that Jesse was going to leave no matter what I feel the University has to find a way to get these kids paid in order to be competitive. If Jesse was going to leave no matter what then he shouldn't have said a thing, however if there was a chance he would come back then it would appear we failed, and this is on the back of losing a Billionaire Donor.

Which positions this all into who is accurate here. We can't really nail it down and there is incentive for Edwards and WVU to hold the position they are in order to benefit them. SU then could be at fault and there could be a relationship to the loss of AW.. but to chase that story and narrative to me is harmful in the absence of being able to directly address it. It spirals out from here. I haven't seen a single other school with this kind of negative swirl around NIL. Miami was news for a few days but this feels like the Ringling Brothers in comparison.

Start a collective and save us.
LOL I do plenty with what I can do within my means. Certainly not close enough to help this situation but enough where I think I can have a bit of frustration and talk about it in a fan chat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom