Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a one year payment. We don’t know what the market was, so you can’t say he was overpaid. SU is notoriously cheap when it comes to athletics, and overall. (By my understanding, two programs, law and business, were on the brink of losing their accreditation due to lack of spending.)
Is there a restricted NIL budget, or do we have people (anymore) doing what is needed to be competitive? The answer appears to be “no.”
Some of us do know what the market was.

Which positions this all into who is accurate here. We can't really nail it down and there is incentive for Edwards and WVU to hold the position they are in order to benefit them. SU then could be at fault and there could be a relationship to the loss of AW.. but to chase that story and narrative to me is harmful in the absence of being able to directly address it. It spirals out from here. I haven't seen a single other school with this kind of negative swirl around NIL. Miami was news for a few days but this feels like the Ringling Brothers in comparison.
Miami isn't Syracuse.

Please educate me. here what I know is fact.
We just lost a top 20 player to Portal
He just said we are not serious about NIL in so many words and its on ESPN front page for everybody to see
we shunned a Billionaire donor who was contributing to NIl
The football team lost most likely the best two defensive players on the team, and one who was for a fact trying to get a reasonable offer and we wouldn't even get in the ballpark to that number. but that could even be overlooked because the went to powerhouse schools
Eric Devendorf on a podcast said basically the same thing that Jesse Edwards said just not as blunt.
Here’s the gist of it: We offered Edwards $400k to stay and he was fine with that two weeks ago. This was higher than our initial offer. Then WVU offered him $800k. SU opted not to match. Papa Edwards told him to take the money and run.

Everything else is an effort by Edwards to save face. SU cannot and will not comment.

So what happens when Jesse pulls one of his no show efforts? Huggins has to play him?

How many programs have been on probation twice in the last 30 years?
North Carolina…. Oh wait. Nevermind.

You guys don’t think he made those comments because it might actually be reality ? Just curious why there’s so many issues with what he said… fire away lol
So just to be clear: your point is that Jesse wanted to stay and he’s frustrated that the collectives and boosters couldn’t/wouldn’t increase the NIL money to keep him? I guess that’s fair enough, and he was speaking off the cuff. I have heard he loves it at Cuse. That said, I’m at least annoyed with the dad for instigating Jesse looking elsewhere in the first place.

Hes not worth 800k. Now that i know the number glad we passed
If WVU has an international trip planned that will allow Edwards to actually make that money (and they do) and we don’t, it doesn’t matter how much we could have offered. Unless there’s another loophole that I’m not aware of. Axe mentioned that SU had found one before the money became too big, I would love to hear more about that.

Last edited:
Here’s the gist of it: We offered Edwards $400k to stay and he was fine with that two weeks ago. This was higher than our initial offer. Then WVU offered him $800k. SU opted not to match. Papa Edwards told him to take the money and run.

Everything else is an effort by Edwards to save face. SU cannot and will not comment.
Ok maybe we offered him 400k I don't know lets say that's fact
WVU offered 800k lets say that's fact I don't know that for sure but ok fact
Dad said take the money I am sure that's fact
but why would Edwards have to save face? I don't believe that's fact, almost any kid would take the money and run in that situation if that's how it went down. And if 400k is the difference I am very interested to see how that money if it even exists is better allocated. Like I said all along we win nobody cares, but it is going to get real salty around here around end of January if its clear we will be missing the tourney yet again and Edwards is first or second team all Big 12.

How many programs have been on probation twice in the last 30 years?
1.Southern Methodist (SMU):Eight, all football.

2.Arizona State:Eight, mostly baseball.

3.Auburn:Seven, mixed bag of violations, biggest were football.
4.Florida State: Seven academic scandals mostly involving all sports. Most publicized were football related.

5.Oklahoma:Seven, five were football related.

6-10:Memphis, Texas A&M, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Wichita State also all had seven violations

And by conference
Dirtiest Conferences:
1. Big 12: 39 football related major violations

2. SEC (Surely Everyone's Cheating) 32 football related major violations

3.Pac-12 : 26 football related major violations

4. Big 10: 19 football related major violations

5.ACC: 17 football related major violations

Ok maybe we offered him 400k I don't know lets say that's fact
WVU offered 800k lets say that's fact I don't know that for sure but ok fact
Dad said take the money I am sure that's fact
but why would Edwards have to save face? I don't believe that's fact, almost any kid would take the money and run in that situation if that's how it went down. And if 400k is the difference I am very interested to see how that money if it even exists is better allocated. Like I said all along we win nobody cares, but it is going to get real salty around here around end of January if its clear we will be missing the tourney yet again and Edwards is first or second team all Big 12.
Because Edwards had accepted a lower amount and then asked for the $400k to match another supposed offer and then accepted that and again asked for several hundred thousand more. How many times can that happen and who is to say that it wouldn't happen again?

Eric Devendorf is Adams friend and is or has been paid by Adam in the past.

Eric has great insights, but I'd take what he says, within the context of his relationship with Adam, into account
maybe true and I don't have any rooting interest in Adam Weitsman but Billionaires do not and will never grow on trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom