Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they excelling? They are making the tournament, they are winning games, and most have been ranked at some point in the last years. They are all seeing success, whether it be this year or last without massive NIL donors. Their historic success is irrelevant because the claim is that programs without massive NIL can’t compete today, yet they are because of good and agile coaching

So you want SU to be on the same level as Marquette, WVU, St. Mary's, Iowa State and TCU. 3 of whom didn't make the tournament this year and nearly all aren't considered relevant national bball programs. You have to be a mole sent in by the Boneyard or something man, good lord.

How are they excelling? They are making the tournament, they are winning games, and most have been ranked at some point in the last two years. They are all seeing success, whether it be this year or last without massive NIL donors. Their historic success is irrelevant because the claim is that programs without massive NIL can’t compete today, yet they are because of good and agile coaching
I would imagine they’re taking care of their players $$$$ wise or else their rosters would be getting poached too.

So I would ask Neil the following question:

Are you hearing Jesse isn’t planning on returning, or is definitively not returning.

Those are two completely different statements.
Reread the tweet. According to his direct source it sounds like he is not planning on returning.

Last week I asked if Jesse was staying. I was told “probably.” I have no idea how this transfer possibility came about. I wonder if we’ve made the NIL stuff difficult for him and he’s gotten frustrated.

We snuck in and made a few runs. We went from pretty much a blue blood to a team who finished under .500 two seasons ago.
I like the snuck in part. And that to you equals laughingstock. One season where we lost our starting center when we had a winning record.

Syracuse basketball senior center Jesse Edwards is not planning to return to the Orange for a fifth year in the 2023-24 season, according to a source with direct knowledge.

The 6-foot-11 Edwards, who hails from Amsterdam, Netherlands, has the option to play a fifth year of college basketball granted by the NCAA amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

I’m still working to determine what Edwards’ future plans will entail, but at this point, my source says Edwards is not planning to come back to the Hill for the 2023-24 stanza.

Planning is what that says.. not definitively.
Yes, I edited my comment. So, does that mean he was planning on returning and now he is not planning on returning?

I believe it has something to do with strippers and alcohol. But I could be wrong

First post tonight that made me smile.

Maybe that’s because he actually wants to improve Syracuse's academic standard above its current position as a B student’s safety school
So you think that Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Michigan etc think that their athletic prowess is negatively effecting their academic standing? How many students attend universities where they can get a stellar education while cheering for big time sports? Do you seriously think that it’s the students who want the athletics downgraded? Funny how other universities believe and work to excel in both athletics and academics but you don’t think it’s possible but make it an ‘us against them‘ scenario. Sad because that is a killer for the university as a whole.

Neil makes it sound like his source is pretty definite he’s not coming back.

Yea it does. But one thing I’ve learned over the years is that things can change quickly. I trust Neil but until I hear it from Jesse or SU I’ll hold out some hope even if small.

So you want SU to be on the same level as Marquette, WVU, St. Mary's, Iowa State and TCU. 3 of whom didn't make the tournament this year and nearly all aren't considered relevant national bball programs. You have to be a mole sent in by the Boneyard or something man, good lord.
Okay, add in UConn, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Villanova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom