Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's clear what's happening. The admin is in on NIL but only up to a point. SU lacks the full school sport and needed amount of big donors to compete with the big boys. It's why 2 SU fball starters left this year and Jessie appears to be following. The Weitsman saga doesn't exactly help either.
If the admin is in on NIL but only up to a point, then the admin is not really in on NIL.

I know some of you are speculating about who my source is, and that's totally fine. All good. I can't say one way or another. But regarding Jesse and NIL, stay tuned on that.
This is some cryptic and confusing information.

They’ve been excelling or are excelling in the present NIL world. It doesn’t matter what they did in the late 2000s

How are they excelling? Half of those schools you listed didn't even make the NCAA tournament this year and St Mary's hasn't made it out of the 1st weekend of the tourney in forever. You also failed to note that FAU already lost one of their best players to Auburn and a massive NIL deal.

I believe Scott11 was referring to Dickinson getting more $ at another school, not Jesse. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Even if he was, the other tweet/poster also tweeted about

One thing I will say, Mike Waters hasn't reported anything has he? I know he was away for awhile but I imagine he is back. Donna hasn't reported anything that I know of? Devo said Jesse was coming back has he said he was wrong? So far, we have one source. Not saying he is wrong. But no one else has reported this as of yet.
This ^^^. People going off the deep end here. Folks need to see what happens. There's nothing to see yet. Edward's is probably chilling with his guys playing CoD thinking about next year and fans on this board are in a SVB panic. Have a drink folks.

If it's income then it should be an issue for many other P6 programs too...

It is. There are hundreds and hundreds of kids in the portal for the major (revenue) sports.

This ^^^. People going off the deep end here. Folks need to see what happens. There's nothing to see yet. Edward's is probably chilling with his guys playing CoD thinking about next year and fans on this board are in a SVB panic. Have a drink folks.
We’re Syracuse bball fans. It doesn’t go our way. Well, not lately

We couldn’t come up with enough money for Jesse. We aren’t going to do it with Dickinson.

it was so nice having some momentum for a few weeks.
Are you saying you know this for a fact? Or is this speculation?

We couldn’t come up with enough money for Jesse. We aren’t going to do it with Dickinson.

it was so nice having some momentum for a few weeks.

This could only apply to being a more lucrative summer trip.

I said Kent was leery of stretching the rules for NIL a couple of months ago and was scolded for it here. I still believe that to be the case.
So you’ve heard this?

I believe Scott11 was referring to Dickinson getting more $ at another school, not Jesse. Correct me if I’m wrong.
I think they are saying both to be honest.

In the last 10 years we were in the top 10 in tournament wins. That isn't a laughingstock. We have had one losing season in the last 50 years. And we lost our starting center for that to happen. Come on. Words have meanings.
We snuck in and made a few runs. We went from pretty much a blue blood to a team who finished under .500 two seasons ago.

How are they excelling? Half of those schools you listed didn't even make the NCAA tournament this year and St Mary's hasn't made it out of the 1st weekend of the tourney in forever. You also failed to note that FAU already lost one of their best players to Auburn and a massive NIL deal.
How are they excelling? They are making the tournament, they are winning games, and most have been ranked at some point in the last two years. They are all seeing success, whether it be this year or last without massive NIL donors. Their historic success is irrelevant because the claim is that programs without massive NIL can’t compete today, yet they are because of good and agile coaching

So I would ask Neil the following question:

Are you hearing Jesse isn’t planning on returning, or is definitively not returning.

Those are two completely different statements.
That is a great point. Let's say someone says I don't think Jesse is planning on coming back. I heard he is going to ABC school for more NIL money. Meanwhile, after telling our coaches that ( if this is the case) they are working to make things right for Jesse to stay here. The first statement would be true and yet not end up being the case.

So I would ask Neil the following question:

Are you hearing Jesse isn’t planning on returning, or is definitively not returning.

Those are two completely different statements.
I think he said Jesse would not be returning to SU for his fifth season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom