Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I'm willing to believe. The new assistant coach with the Maryland connections, could it happen? Please, pretty please.
On second thought, Dickinson is not going to a team that is questionable to make the Tourney. Makes no sense. He could just remain at Michigan for that.

Red's Era of Good Feelings didn't last too long, did it?

Though a lot of what we've been told was going to happen, hasn't. So it makes sense.

Bees says people have said we already have two people lined up to replace Weitsman.

I guess they just couldn't find their checkbooks for Jesse.

They couldn't figure out the euro conversion quick enough.

No Scott. It was about his unique situation. And that unique situation involved around getting him, by the rules, money
Dash I'm sorry but that is not correct. Like the other schools who are offering him, we had a plan in place. The bidding went too high for Cuse. Will agree to disagree with you.

Of course it does. There are companies that the university pays millions of dollars to for goods and service. The university needs to make them make donations to the 315 Foundation to keep their contracts. It happens all over the philanthropic world. Our NIL program will not be successful if we sit on our ass and wait for one big fish.
I think one issue we have with NIL compared to some other schools is we don't appear to have a unified front with one collective managing everything(there's a few). Pitt for example has done a great job marketing one collective. Posters here don't even know where to go to donate. That in itself is a huge problem.

I'm confused as to what is wrong with that list? Most of those teams were better than us this year.
Seriously, idk what most people were expecting. That's a very good list if all those schools would actually take him.

There are people in this thread who are in complete denial about the level of $!being tossed at kids. FFS I hope our administration is not sharing this vision.

It’s ridiculous right now.
At least it puts to bed the idea that "well the kids get the scholarship and room and board, that's fair compensation."

I'd feel better about it if that's the case and we soon find out we are in play for Dickinson with a big time offer to actually bring him in...otherwise are we playing the same game everyone else is? Are we serious players in this new NIL era of college basketball? Guess we'll all know soon enough.
No

No. Not when Marbury on that John Wallace team beats that Kentucky team with the most NBA players in history.

Marbury sucked, even when he played in China. Although playing in his $10 shoes may have been the cause of that.

I think one issue we have with NIL compared to some other schools is we don't appear to have a unified front with one collective managing everything(there's a few). Pitt for example has done a great job marketing one collective. Posters here don't even know where to go to donate. That in itself is a huge problem.
There might be something to your first point, but I don't buy people don't know where to go to donate. It's not that hard to google or find on cuse.com. Well actually I might buy it is too hard for a large portion of this crowd.

How exactly did that help Syracuse hoop? We got no recruits this past year other than a back up center. I mean, and I brought this up earlier, I loved having Brooke Burke at our game. But I don't see how that helped our program at all.
It didn’t, Dash, I was being quite sarcastic :)

How exactly did that help Syracuse hoop? We got no recruits this past year other than a back up center. I mean, and I brought this up earlier, I loved having Brooke Burke at our game. But I don't see how that helped our program at all.
Great. So apparently, I missed a Brooke Burke game. I mean, this NIL news has been tough but Brooke Burke...now the sky is falling.

If he goes to NC State, I hope he completely sucks and has the worst year ever.

No these aren’t “kids” that I’m obligated to root for. They’re paid professionals, and screw them if they don’t play for my favorite team.
Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors