Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes to NC State, I hope he completely sucks and has the worst year ever.

No these aren’t “kids” that I’m obligated to root for. They’re paid professionals, and screw them if they don’t play for my favorite team.

Given the specialized issue here... gotta figure this long list is useless to look at.

Seriously, idk what most people were expecting. That's a very good list if all those schools would actually take him.
because they're peer schools or lesser schools without a 30k seat arena and a top program pedigree. I think the expectation is that it was KU and UK offering him a bazillion dollars to leave SU and when it turns out to be Seton Hall, people are underwhelmed.

because they're peer schools or lesser schools without a 30k seat arena and a top program pedigree. I think the expectation is that it was KU and UK offering him a bazillion dollars to leave SU and when it turns out to be Seton Hall, people are underwhelmed.
Right? Not one of those schools is a better “basketball brand” than us. Most aren’t even close. Friggin Vanderbilt?!!? Are you serious?

This is pathetic and embarrassing.

Ironically just like with the Boeheim fiasco the school is botching PR 101 by remaining silent and not getting out in front of the Jesse/Weitsman messes. If only we had access to a top communications school with experts in the PR field . . .

Right? Not one of those schools is a better “basketball brand” than us. Most aren’t even close. Friggin Vanderbilt?!!? Are you serious?

Why? Those aren’t school that he says he’s interested in. Those are schools that have reached out to him.

Maybe, but it doesn't matter from a PR side. The AD and boosters need to get their act together or else recruits are going to think we're paupers. Wildhack seems unfit for what the job commands in 2023. He's a media rights guy, not a leader.
In the modern world it does no good to spend money on the Dome, Lally Field house and other upgrades if you are putting out an inferior product.
If they don't have people who can pay for NIL, then it's time to go back to the Big East and drop football.

I’m not gonna begrudge someone with a likely-shortish pro basketball career ahead of him getting paid to get a grad degree from vandy and live in Nashville.

People, if your hope was getting one rich garbageman billionaire to support the program indefinitely, then you were delusional to begin with. SU can’t play in this arena. A lot of other programs can’t either. It’s okay. We will be a mid tier program most likely. Maybe BC. Who knows. I don’t like it, but this shouldn’t be a surprise if you’re not delusional.
i dont understand why they cant just make all D1 schools have the same amount of NIL to evenly disperse amongst their players...totally level the playing field and not destroy the soprt. cant they just use the profits the NCAA makes?

isnt the whole argument for NIL that the NCAA is making so much money that the players deserve to be compensated? so doesnt anyone else find it weird that the money players are getting is coming from anywhere but the NCAA???

Why should we be surprised we’ve lost maybe our top three players? The football team lost two of their very best defensive players because of NIL. This is probably just the beginning.
I feel bad for Red, he probably thought the administration would do whatever is needed to compete in the age of NIL. If the school doesn't figure out how to do so, I fear this will result in SU sports being permanently second tier.

Last edited:
I don't think there is an enemy here. I don't think AW is the enemy and I don't think the university is the enemy. But, they need to get together and compromise so that Syracuse Basketball can be as strong as possible moving forward.

i dont understand why they cant just make all D1 schools have the same amount of NIL to evenly disperse amongst their players...totally level the playing field and not destroy the soprt. cant they just use the profits the NCAA makes?
Really? How do you not understand at this point?

They don't want to use their profits. Period. End of story.

You can't cap NIL without an agreement from some sort of a players union type structure.

Really? How do you not understand at this point?

They don't want to use their profits. Period. End of story.

You can't cap NIL without an agreement from some sort of a players union type structure.
eventually it will need to happen...but currently I can at least see then why it isnt.

there simply cant be some schools that pay a gazillion dollars and some schools that dont pay anything competing in the same division, long term

i just dont see how this is sustainable

I feel bad for Red, he probably thought the administration would do whatever is needed to compete in the age of NIL. If the school doesn't figure out how to do so, I fear this will result in SU sports being second tier.
Get used to it, this is just like Buzz Shaw, they will take your money. Then tell you if you don't like it Go to ****.
They have put out a bad product for most of the last 8 years, and people still pay for it.
The University hasn't cared about the fans since before Buzz Shaw took over. If Bragman and the state hadn't come up with money for the Dome, football would have been gone.
They would be in Manley and the new Big East making 8 million a year.

eventually it will need to happen...but currently I can at least see then why it isnt.

there simply cant be some schools that pay a gazillion dollars and some schools that dont pay anything competing in the same division, long term

i just dont see how this is sustainable
Why does it "NEED" to happen?

Because Syracuse won't be good at sports? Why would some school who's killing it in NIL care?

The SEC/B1G/others will just break off and do their own NIL league.

Just watched Moneyball last night. We are the Oakland A's. We're not going to outspend the Yankees or the Red Sox so we have to find the Scott Hatteberg and Jeremy Giambi's of the world.

So, you want guys that find losing fun? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom