Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past 5-7 years he put his own interests over the best interests of the program.

Not recruiting any top rated guards while Buddy was here. Sending assistants to battle head coach sharks on the recruiting trail. Bringing in Jimmy. Not adapting to the transfer portal. Not setting up a functional NIL program.

One of the marks of a good leader is the health of the organization when they leave. He left the cupboard bare for Red.

I'm confused as to what is wrong with that list? Most of those teams were better than us this year.
5 SEC schools. Does Seton Hall have more NIL to spend than us? Good grief.

What? How can you be 70 pages in and still not understand that the University can't fund NIL?

Its all up to fans/alumni/businesses to do so.
And apparently they are unwilling or unable to do so, hence Jesse, Joe, Judah leave.

For the past 5-7 years he put his own interests over the best interests of the program.

Not recruiting any top rated guards while Buddy was here. Sending assistants to battle head coach sharks on the recruiting trail. Bringing in Jimmy. Not adapting to the transfer portal. Not setting up a functional NIL program.

One of the marks of a good leader is the health of the organization when they leave. He left the cupboard bare for Red.
Yup and won’t in retirement.

We should have gone outside the family and cut all ties.

Remember we were probably really close to best case scenario Jesse back Judah etc. it’s going the other way. JB isn’t helping he’s mouthing off about teams buying teams.

100%. I work in Higher Ed and pretty much everyone on my cabinet has a PhD and lets just say….yikes
I just hired a guy with only an associates degree last year. Runs circles around many people that have Ivy degrees. Also had to fire a PhD last year because he couldn’t figure out his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

What a change of events...we go from talking about a high profile transfer coming with the coach hire to nothing...thinking judah is staying (still a possibility) to talk that he's out of here and now Jesse bouncing due to NIL issues...now looking to replace Jesse with Abou Ousman from North Texas and not Hunter Dickinson. It's been a wild ride this offseason already!

The school can get creative.
Take JMA naming rights.
X amount of that could be directed by JMA to the NIL. Not by SU but by JMA. BOX revenue the same. Again this would need to be coordinated properly but its doable.
Vts idea on Spring game revenue.
Allow the collectives to fund raise pre game on the Quad...
Lots of ideas that could help.

Regarding the box you mentioned… our new sugar daddy has a nice new box courtesy of AW.

What a change of events...we go from talking about a high profile transfer coming with the coach hire to nothing...thinking judah is staying (still a possibility) to talk that he's out of here and now Jesse bouncing due to NIL issues...now looking to replace Jesse with Abou Ousman from North Texas and not Hunter Dickinson. It's been a wild ride this offseason already!
Yep. Depressing.

It’s important to remember that Jesse isn’t going to play in the NBA. You can’t just write him a blank check. Say, he wants a million dollars. How much will you have to pay a player when he’s a lottery pick? There has to be a line in the sand for how much you’re willing to pay a player.

It’s important to remember that Jesse isn’t going to play in the NBA. You can’t just write him a blank check. Say, he wants a million dollars. How much will you have to pay a player when he’s a lottery pick? There has to be a line in the sand for how much you’re willing to pay a player.
I'm not so sure it was the dollar amount, but the way it needed to be disbursed to Jesse; due to his foreign nationality. Could simply have been Administration saying, hey, we don't want to pay you in Israel, or the Caribbean, or wherever. Like how Kentucky does it. The programs on his list would seen to suggest we could meet similar numbers. Unless the list is a smoke screen, and a SEC school has already laid out a check in principal for an over the top figure.

I just hired a guy with only an associates degree last year. Runs circles around many people that have Ivy degrees. Also had to fire a PhD last year because he couldn’t figure out his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Uggh don't even get me started. So many entitled higher degree folks in fin services who are like a helpless child when something they have to apply some thought or extra effort to learn crosses their plate.

Yes there is… for Syracuse

Its market value, players only get paid whatver anyone is willing to pay.

Because we wouldn’t/can’t give him $X doesn’t mean someone else isn’t willing to

I'm not so sure it was the dollar amount, but the way it needed to be disbursed to Jesse; due to his foreign nationality. Could simply have been Administration saying, hey, we don't want to pay you in Israel, or the Caribbean, or wherever. Like how Kentucky does it. The programs on his list would seen to suggest we could meet similar numbers. Unless the list is a smoke screen, and a SEC school has already laid out a check in principal for an over the top figure.

Could have been, but it wasn’t.

Yup and won’t in retirement.

We should have gone outside the family and cut all ties.

Remember we were probably really close to best case scenario Jesse back Judah etc. it’s going the other way. JB isn’t helping he’s mouthing off about teams buying teams.
Can you blame JB for spouting off about it when teams are literally offering NIL to Cuse guys who aren't in the portal, which resulted in Cuse losing it's most important piece?

I know exactly where my a$$ is, I know the difference between it and a hole in the ground and I know I can contribute to your already successful and reputable organization. Put me in coach. I'm ready to play.
ClearOptimisticAndeancat-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors