Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jesse's status as an international student prevents him from taking advantage of NIL options in the United States, but other schools can still find him money??? Typical SU.
Yeah it’s called pay him anyways other schools don’t care if they break the rules

A real conversation may need to be had regarding football. I never thought I would think that, but we can compete in basketball if all our efforts were focused on basketball.
It’s the only reason the athletic program is able to exist at any decent level. 2 sell outs this year to boot.

Conversation over.

He didn’t like the public display of some things. I’m sure the flying of a recruit and two rappers to sit courtside was the straw that broke the camels back especially when the NCAA came out a few days later and said they were gonna crack down on even appearances and that you were guilty until you prove your innocence.

But regardless of what went down with Su and weitsman, it’s not precluding the collectives or our two new “guys” or others from playing in the NIL world.
1st paragraph: ding ding ding ding! As in the very old Groucho Marx show: say the magic word and the duck comes down. [Probably before many on here were born.]

So all those other schools cheat? I doubt it.
We don’t know how many, if any, are playing the international game. They reached out, pitched their pitch and we will see if any strike a significant deal.

You actually think Syracuse is better off without football? great, then we get to play in a gimmick stadium for no reason. Genius.

You having fun making up a narrative for me? Never said anything of the sort. Just having a chuckle at your day continuing as a know it all contrarian picking a fight with everyone.

Conngrats!!! U guys need all the help u can get
Thanks! Not trying to rub it in I just know how much the staff loved Moore prior to him choosing you guys. We are still looking for a lead/combo guard for ‘24. No inside info but it makes sense that they gauge his interest.

You having fun making up a narrative for me? Never said anything of the sort. Just having a chuckle at your day continuing as a know it all contrarian picking a fight with everyone.
No fight to be had, just pointing out a stupid argument as such. Clearly you agree it’s stupid. Sorry everyone is so soft.

No fight to be had, just pointing out a stupid argument as such. Clearly you agree it’s stupid.

Lol you poorly positioned it and made a silly inference. That's what was funny. Then tacked on thinking I was saying we should get rid of football.

Don't stop now though... you are on a hot streak today.

"
6946d3a9-d203-4b90-92ca-1a3a99041278_text.gif
"

-- all the people defending the booster in this thread.

Thanks! Not trying to rub it in I just know how much the staff loved Moore prior to him choosing you guys. We are still looking for a lead/combo guard for ‘24. No inside info but it makes sense that they gauge his interest.
Ur fine, just messin

Lol you poorly positioned it and made a silly inference. That's what was funny. Then tacked on thinking I was saying we should get rid of football.

Don't stop now though... you are on a hot streak today.
Your condescending attitude is enjoyed by all.

For someone who criticizes me pretty consistently, you’re pretty blind to your own behavior.

The football team is a requirement for Syracuse, plain and simple. Maybe if they had a real basketball stadium it would be different.

I think the fact that are athletes are living with a roommate at Skytop shows that this is Administration and recent AD's are stuck in 2000's era. None of this has to to due with NIL and I'm not saying we should build a $40mm dorm to house our revenue generating athletes (men and woman) to avoid any title IV issues. But this school has had a cash cow for several decades and paid it's HoF coach a home town discount. The only time we reinvested was when there was a the threat of Dome roof collapsing. Old Manley was a dump and needed to be to torn down and those were private contributions that allowed for the Melo Center to happen. Anytime you wonder what will SU do ask yourself this, how will it impact our bottom line? I knew Red or GMAC would be the next head coach just by looking at our history.

Well that’s a new one. Jesses not leaving for more NIL. He’s leaving because of the skytop apartments. Does he even still live there?

In over 100 years of SU basketball, Syracuse has never had more than back-to-back losing seasons, and I believe that only happened once.
Well, in I believe, the early 1960s we set an NCAA record for most consecutive losses. Marc Guley was the coach.

Your condescending attitude is enjoyed by all.

For someone who criticizes me pretty consistently, you’re pretty blind to your own behavior.

The football team is a requirement for Syracuse, plain and simple. Maybe if they had a real basketball stadium it would be different.

Pot meet kettle.

Don't you mean arena?

So Jesse's status as an international student prevents him from taking advantage of NIL options in the United States, but other schools can still find him money??? Typical SU.

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors