Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be assured the NCAA will get to the bottom of this. In about 5 years when they're done cleaning up the Horizon League.
And you know what will happen right? JB loses another 75 wins! JB be like "What?"

Only it wasn't "fact" -- it's what the coaches believed.

And true to form, they didn't have their fingers on the pulse.
I think it's an issue when you spend thousands of hours over four years with a kid who apparently blindsides you.

But if Red and Jesse had a deal and Adam and Jesse had a deal, but then Adam is no longer involved and no one else can make that deal, then, to me, that should be on Wildhack.

How can Red be held accountable if his players are being outbid.

The entire thing smells of raw sewage. Such a shame.

Because they are idiots, and basically caught flat-footed by everything that happens? Our coaching staff has seemed completely out of touch in terms of what they expect versus what happens in actuality for at least 5 years. If not longer.

The REAL narrative was that old man JB was to blame for that. I'm not so sure.

I agree. Can’t believe we constantly are behind in everything that happens. The whole program appears clueless and is being outsmarted constantly . If you knew there was a chance Jesse would stay and you had over a year to think about how to make the most competitive bid and outmaneuver everyone yet this happens?

Your quickest path back to where we think we belong is to have a reputation as the program that will give you the most opportunities for exposure and NIL maximizing. Now we are known as the non competitive option. There’s been many bad days as of late but this could be the worst

Jesse was staying. It was a known fact. But his dad is clearly the one going out and trying to profit more off him when Jesse wanted to stay and was going to. If it’s going to make your kid happy it should make you happy as a parent. That’s all I’m saying
If his dad forced Jesse to renege on a deal….that’s a bad look. And the school / collective shouldn’t cater either. Bad karma.

If his dad forced Jesse to renege on a deal….that’s a bad look. And the school / collective shouldn’t cater either. Bad karma.
But, if Jesse was getting $X at Syracuse and someone else offered $4X, how can you blame his dad for pointing out the benefits of how the additional money could benefit him.

There are reasons why professional athletes have agents. For college kids, their parents are going to be their agent. I don't blame Mr. Edwards at all for looking out for his son.

Outbid?

He just entered the portal yesterday.

Blatant tampering, if true.
How exactly were they able to do that seeing he wasn't in the portal?
He met with a known NIL agent weeks ago. I didn't even know there was such a thing as an NIL agent. I suppose it is not tampering if a secondary agent is gauging interest on the behalf of his/her client. But, it sounds like our staff wasn't aware of this.

He met with a known NIL agent weeks ago. I didn't even know there was such a thing as an NIL agent. I suppose it is not tampering if a secondary agent is gauging interest on the behalf of his/her client. But, it sounds like our staff wasn't aware of this.
Are you usually given advanced notice when one of your employees starts looking for another job that pays them more money?

So Jesse's status as an international student prevents him from taking advantage of NIL options in the United States, but other schools can still find him money??? Typical SU.

Correct. We won’t break any rules that don’t exist.

Are you usually given advanced notice when one of your employees starts looking for another job that pays them more money?
Nope, but this is not a typical employee/employer relationship. My understanding is that Jesse would have preferred to stay, but SU was unable or unwilling to be competitive in NIL.

But, if Jesse was getting $X at Syracuse and someone else offered $4X, how can you blame his dad for pointing out the benefits of how the additional money could benefit him.

There are reasons why professional athletes have agents. For college kids, their parents are going to be their agent. I don't blame Mr. Edwards at all for looking out for his son.
I get that. But he could have easily entered the portal and done that weeks ago. That’s the point of it.

Staying silent and quietly shopping for a better deal while Syracuse holds a spot for him is garbage. If they had a verbal deal - then the coaching staff wasn’t out recruiting for a replacement potentially. He screwed over the guys and coaches he claimed to care about so much in that post. And that is a life lesson that will come around later. He should shut up and not do an interview. It’s going to end up worse for him. He can’t talk his way out of it. He needs to move on.

Nope, but this is not a typical employee/employer relationship. My understanding is that Jesse would have preferred to stay, but SU was unable or unwilling to be competitive in NIL.
And the sad part is we will only hear one side of the story. So the casual fan will crap on a new coaching staff and the university - right or wrong.

I get that. But he could have easily entered the portal and done that weeks ago. That’s the point of it.

Staying silent and quietly shopping for a better deal while Syracuse holds a spot for him is garbage. If they had a verbal deal - then the coaching staff wasn’t out recruiting for a replacement potentially. He screwed over the guys and coaches he claimed to care about so much in that post. And that is a life lesson that will come around later. He should shut up and not do an interview. It’s going to end up worse for him. He can’t talk his way out of it. He needs to move on.
But what if the verbal deal involved Adam and once he was out of the picture, the deal was unable to materialize. How is that Jesse's fault?

I would love him to do his interview and say that Syracuse cannot afford him. If he does, John Wildhack should immediately put in his resignation.

And the sad part is we will only hear one side of the story. So the casual fan will crap on a new coaching staff and the university - right or wrong.
No public announcement should have been clue number one. It’s eerily similar to how the Quade Green recruitment went down. He kept telling the coaches he was coming, but never would announce it.

That said I think Jesse looks like a pos for actually acting like he was a teammate by hanging at team
gatherings like watching the National Championship game.

Most people are willing to stay at a job they enjoy if their current employer can match or get close to their offer. Most employers choose not to play that game and the person ends up leaving for more money.

But what if the verbal deal involved Adam and once he was out of the picture, the deal was unable to materialize. How is that Jesse's fault?

I would love him to do his interview and say that Syracuse cannot afford him. If he does, John Wildhack should immediately put in his resignation.
By every account Weitsman has been on the outs for a couple of months.

Personally, I am not going to crap on anyone. I may have earlier, when I was upset and frustrated with the situation. But, I understand the university administration's point of view. I don't agree with it, because I think it handcuffs the athletic programs moving forward. I don't blame the coaches at all. I think that if we can get an agreement between Adam and the administration on how he can help with NIL, Red and company will be able to do very well here. But, Adam likes to do things with fanfare, that is his prerogative. It isn't all about him, but he likes the media, both social and otherwise, as it reaches others. I tend to agree with him, to some it looks like he is doing it all for himself, but it is brand building for both he and the Syracuse Basketball program.

AW was out of the picture long before a few weeks ago as many here have said. But sure you could
make up a thousand scenarios if all you want to do is root for Wildhack to be the bad guy as your next statement says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom