Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the thing is that as bad as it stinks, and as much as the coaches hate it, the ncaa is pretty much hands off and most people have accepted that the players deserve whatever they can get.
Only up to a point. The unregulated free for all we have now is not sustainable.

I stand by it, once im proven wrong, I’ll feel like an ahole but until then, I feel relatively confident im right.
If you are frustrated, I get it. Many of us are. However, you are arguing a point with no substance. You won't be "proven wrong" unless someone can come forward and support Jesse's dad's parenting skills. CTO has said that he has a wonderful family. Is that enough for you? It's more evidence than what has been provided that his dad is "overbearing".

If you are frustrated, I get it. Many of us are. However, you are arguing a point with no substance. You won't be "proven wrong" unless someone can come forward and support Jesse's dad's parenting skills. CTO has said that he has a wonderful family. Is that enough for you? It's more evidence than what has been provided that his dad is "overbearing".
We shall see, other insiders have said his dad is trying to cash out on him. Who do we believe

We shall see, other insiders have said his dad is trying to cash out on him. Who do we believe
Jesse is a grown man, I believe any money he makes is his own. And, if he spoke to his family and they supported him seeking greater NIL deals, frankly I would agree with them. How often is a young man in this position? If your son were in this position, would you tell him to stay at a school that can only give him hundreds of thousands less than many other schools? Wouldn't you support him in finding the best situation for himself?

NIL and the portal are the wild wild west, and it's exactly what so many were asking for. And if the people that asked for it claim they didn't think this is what it would be, they were ludicrously naive or simply lying to themselves. People with a mustard seed of common sense saw this coming.

"Our coaches were blind sided by Edwards decision"... Wait the same coaching staff that was blind sided by Quade Green? Or the same that was blind sided by Andre Jackson? Maybe our coaches need to look in the mirror and really push the player on what their frame of mind is, as well as the parents. This isn't the first time we've been left at the alter with no back up plan.

NIL and the portal are the wild wild west, and it's exactly what so many were asking for. And if the people that asked for it claim they didn't think this is what it would be, they were ludicrously naive or simply lying to themselves. People with a mustard seed of common sense saw this coming.
I think the athletes definitely deserve to be paid for NIL, but the NCAA was not prepared for this. They should have been out in front of this, but they failed miserably and that is why it is the wild west.

I'm not the least bit overbearing with my son. I give him a lot of room, maybe too much at times. That said, if he were in a position like Jesse, I'm not so sure I wouldn't make a few calls to inquire about additional options, in the way of significantly more income. I would then present it to my son and provide my opinion and then ultimately, let him make the decision. That to me just makes sense. Who is to say that's not similar to what happened here?

I'm not the least bit overbearing with my son. I give him a lot of room, maybe too much at times. That said, if he were in a position like Jesse, I'm not so sure I wouldn't make a few calls to inquire about additional options, in the way of significantly more income. I would then present it to my son and provide my opinion and then ultimately, let him make the decision. That to me just makes sense. Who us to say that's not similar to what happened here?
I think it is far more likely that it went down like this than any other way.

I think the athletes definitely deserve to be paid for NIL, but the NCAA was not prepared for this. They should have been out in front of this, but they failed miserably and that is why it is the wild west.
Not their wheelhouse. And I'm not being sarcastic. It's between private individuals/businesses and the athletes. Attempting to police it would be a nightmare. I believe that once the government forced it on them they threw up their hands and said, "You want it. You got it. Have fun. We didn't want it, so we're not dealing with it."

When it was first being pushed for, I thought it would be very much like it has been with regards to recruiting. I didn't anticipate the transferring, but that was before the 1 year sit out rule was lifted. With that gone and the portal available, this is as surprising as the sun coming up tomorrow.

Red needs to never trust another player or recruit again. Do not give them the upper hand, no more Mr. Niceguy Red, or it could cost you your career.

Not their wheelhouse. And I'm not being sarcastic. It's between private individuals/businesses and the athletes. Attempting to police it would be a nightmare. I believe that once the government forced it on them they threw up their hands and said, "You want it. You got it. Have fun. We didn't want it, so we're not dealing with it."

When it was first being pushed for, I thought it would be very much like it has been with regards to recruiting. I didn't anticipate the transferring, but that was before the 1 year sit out rule was lifted. With that gone and the portal available, this is as surprising as the sun coming up tomorrow.
It is difficult, for sure. But, creative minds can get this under control. A few more beers, and I bet I'll figure it all out. Stay tuned.

This is really tough to take. Hope Jesse likes burning couches.
I don't see the fit. WV likes beef on their players. They play TOUGH, no offense to Jesse, but that isn't exactly his style. I believe in his ability, but for one year, he should aspire to something more suiting his skills, no matter what the money.

Jesse is just maximizing his financial opportunity. Jesse isn't the problem. Losing one player is not the problem. The BIG problem is that we can't compete with what is the market rate for high quality players in the portal. This is going to be program altering and in a very bad way. Quick action is needed at a high level to determine why Syracuse is not competitive when many of our peer schools seemingly are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom