Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of great points here. And yes, my article says Jesse is not "planning" to return. Could that change? Sure. Do I feel confident in my source that Jesse is not going to return, based on what this source told me? Yes, I feel confident. But as we all know, this is a crazy world in college basketball with NIL, the portal, etc.

Lmao you don't think their paying the students? Dude your delusional. Duke UNC Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Zona, etc all have massive NIL programs and deals and boosters out front. You don't think Purdue isnt paying Edey? You give examples of schools who are fringe teams at best most of which didn't even make the tourney.
You think Syracuse NIL collectives (and small businesses) aren’t paying guys too? Ffs sake the fan board you’re on paid a guy 10k. And I just gave you additional examples of schools that don’t have billionaire donors, are peer schools to Syracuse, and have had significant success in recent years.

As for Duke UNC and UCLA, I couldn’t name you a story about their top boosters I saw on barstool

You have your opinion. I have mine.
It's not my opinion that Waters was inducted in the college basketball writers Hall of Fame. That is a fact. A great accomplishment. It is not my opinion that both Mike Waters and Donna were both named New York Sports writers of the year. That is a fact. That is going up against all of those guys and girls working in NYC. Not my opinion. A fact.

You think Syracuse NIL collectives (and small businesses) aren’t paying guys too? Ffs sake the fan board you’re on paid a guy 10k. And I just have you additional examples of schools that don’t have billionaire donors and had had significant success in recent years.

What are you talking about, of course SU is paying guys. Were talking about big time money paid for elite level players and the ability to poach players as needed via the NIL.

It's not my opinion that Waters was inducted in the college basketball writers Hall of Fame. That is a fact. A great accomplishment. It is not my opinion that both Mike Waters and Donna were both named New York Sports writers of the year. That is a fact. That is going up against all of those guys and girls working in NYC. Not my opinion. A fact.
They are both amazing. It’s the only reason I pay for an online edition of the PS.

Lots of great points here. And yes, my article says Jesse is not "planning" to return. Could that change? Sure. Do I feel confident in my source that Jesse is not going to return, based on what this source told me? Yes, I feel confident. But as we all know, this is a crazy world in college basketball with NIL, the portal, etc.

What I'm curious about is if you have any insight into WHY he's probably not coming back.

That says everything.

What are you talking about, of course SU is paying guys. Were talking about big time money paid for elite level players and the ability to poach players as needed via the NIL.
Yes, and I’m talking about peer programs who are succeeding (and out performing many schools with those mega donors mind you) with out a public figure mega donor. That would seem to indicate it is possible for Syracuse to compete despite one donor deciding to move on.

What I'm curious about is if you have any insight into WHY he's probably not coming back.

That says everything.
Well, cuseallday didn’t rule out transferring. So that says something.

That says everything.

What’s worse is other teams know we are weak when it comes to retaining players for NIL and it shows in both basketball and football…

So you want SU to be on the same level as Marquette, WVU, St. Mary's, Iowa State and TCU. 3 of whom didn't make the tournament this year and nearly all aren't considered relevant national bball programs. You have to be a mole sent in by the Boneyard or something man, good lord.
All of those schools are relevant programs. All were in the NCAA tourney this year. Marquette was a #2 seed. They’re not blue bloods, but they often contend for tourney bids.

What’s worse is other teams know we are weak when it comes to retaining players for NIL and it shows in both basketball and football…
Honestly, it seems that almost everyone (except the top) are losing guys to NIL.

I do. But out of respect for my source and, frankly, Jesse, I didn't include that in this initial piece. That being said, you all are hitting the nail on the head with the potential reason (or reasons) why.

Sorry but Zero loyalty to the fan base, Griff and to me to take more money elsewhere peace out Edwards now we need to move on..thanks for being a decent player here for four years or three years.

Lmao you don't think their paying the students? Dude your delusional. Duke UNC Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Zona, etc all have massive NIL programs and deals and boosters out front. You don't think Purdue isnt paying Edey? You give examples of schools who are fringe teams at best most of which didn't even make the tourney.
Some of those schools were probably paying players long before NIL existed.

But we have a couple other big fish supposedly with deep pockets and the collectives.
Syracuse is a small market and will always struggle in this area. That’s why you don’t distance guys like AW. SU administration needs to really make a decision if they want to play big time sports. They have so many things working against it that they really need to hold on to every small advantage they have and maximize it to the greatest extent.

Yes, and I’m talking about peer programs who are succeeding (and out performing many schools with those mega donors mind you) with out a public figure mega donor meaning it is impossible for Syracuse to compete just because one donor decided to move on.

You need multiple big money donors to compete consistently at this level now with the NIL. Those schools you mentioned mostly had success (if you csn even call it that) under the old system pre NIL when you could have success without major money backing you up. Those days are long over. Of course there will be some one offs like SDSU this year and FAU but those are Cinderella one year flukes. Most of those schools will have difficulty competing consistently moving forward without the ability to have a high value NIL program.

Last edited:
Sorry but Zero loyalty to the fan base, Griff and to me to take more money elsewhere peace out Edwards now we need to move on..thanks for being a decent player here for four years or three years.
Peace out, but we have no replacement and don’t seem to be involved with any center transfers… we aren’t getting HD

I would wait until you hear it confirmed before burying the kid.

What's so messed up is if it is another school... and he's not even in the portal. I want that program answering a ton of questions and exposing the tampering. If it's gonna hurt us then light a damn fire elsewhere too where they have a light on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom