Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no standards for media any longer. Main stream or dark web. Although dark web at least has an incentive to be correct.
That isn't true. Yeah, you have some media that lie to the viewers or readers but the vast majority don't.

Too late. It’s out of the bag. The NCAA should have thought about that long ago.
It also can't be capped because the NCAA doesn't govern NIL - it was granted by the courts. They can only govern the member schools' activities with regards to NIL.

LOL He might as well have said they can't write on deadline. That would complete the nonsense. It is actually funny. It must be a great wonder to him why the top pros in that business award this great awards to them. I think I know where this is coming from with him. You see it in every business.
Yeah, you think you know. But you don’t. If the PS was up on the news, they’d have a story out now regarding the rumors with comment, if possible, from Jesse himself or someone from inside the program. But there’s no competition in Syracuse. So they’ll let Neil or someone else beat them on the story.

Maybe SU and Duke have worked out a swap. Jesse for Filipowski. Oh well, probably not. They are both going to Kentucky w/ Dickinson and SU gets Kentucky's 5 star center recruit. Probably not. Never thought I would not be a diehard SU fan and my wife could plan events in March. The day is approaching.

I feel like this didn't get enough attention. Here we are talking about lack of NIL money and Jesse bouncing yet this account is basically putting it out there that Cuse is about to make a big time play for Dickinson...this whole thing is whack lol.
Yeah, the tweet about Hunter's recruitment and now Jesse rumors swirling...very interesting.

You’re not serious, right?
I’m always serious. Jesse is a good player, would love for him to return. There is a reason he is 6’11 22 yo and not on any one’s draft radar. There are other people that can effectively play the 5 at SU next year.

Yeah, you think you know. But you don’t. If the PS was up on the news, they’d have a story out now regarding the rumors with comment, if possible, from Jesse himself or someone from inside the program. But there’s no competition in Syracuse. So they’ll let Neil or someone else beat them on the story.
Here is what I do know. I know professional jealousy when I see it. They are award winners. The also don't print rumors. They have professional standards. I have spent too much time talking about this with a guy that is obviously jealous of what those two have accomplished. It is sad. I am putting you on ignore because I have yet to see you add one thing to this board. Just jealousy. Sad.

Nothing is official until Edwards makes things official so lets see what happens. Decisions probably swing back and forth 30 times before a final decision. Hopefully the decision swings back favorable again.
One should keep in mind, that no one in this thread has first hand knowledge; most may have third or fourth hand knowledge, maybe.

Yeah, that's it. LOL As I said, throw in they can't write on deadline. Hall of Fame. Sportswriter of the year. You know.
Who said anything about writing on deadline? He’s won awards. Where’s his story on the biggest off-season news since JB retired?

Here is what I do know. I know professional jealousy when I see it. They are award winners. The also don't print rumors. They have professional standards. I have spent too much time talking about this with a guy that is obviously jealous of what those two have accomplished. It is sad. I am putting you on ignore because I have yet to see you add one thing to this board. Just jealousy. Sad.
There’s no jealousy. Another thing you’ve made up to fit your narrative. Unfortunate.

That isn't true. Yeah, you have some media that lie to the viewers or readers but the vast majority don't.
The trust in media is at historic low. It’s not by accident. There are a few professionals that behave accordingly (and most of them are ridiculed by the whack jobs on the OT board, see Matt Tiabbi) but most journalists are not trustworthy as they are typically pedaling an agenda and not reporting the news. They hand out pulitzers for total nonsense. There many valid reasons why no one should trust the legacy media.

professional journalists don’t report on rumors. If they hear rumors, they can talk to sources they know and trust who are close to the situation and see if they can get them to corroborate or comment, and then you got something. Also with big stories, you ideally want two sources, but as others have said, that’s fallen by the wayside, especially in sports reporting.

I agree with you that for big time recruiting news, Mike and Donna aren’t usually first. But that’s because there’s a whole ecosystem of national recruiting specific sites for CBB that have cornered the market on all the key sources that are connected to the top 100-200 high school recruits and top transfers and they’re given all the info first. Those are the guys that jockey for the big recruiting scoops. The handlers and high school/AAU coaches are giving those scoops to the national reporters, not the local beat journalists. You think the local beat reporters in, say, Lansing Michigan or Lawrence Kansas or Louisville are landing the big recruiting scoops for MSU, Kansas and Louisville? I can tell you they’re not.

professional journalists don’t report on rumors. If they hear rumors, they can talk to sources they know and trust who are close to the situation and see if they can get them to corroborate or comment, and then you got something. Also with big stories, you ideally want two sources, but as others have said, that’s fallen by the wayside, especially in sports reporting.

I agree with you that for big time recruiting news, Mike and Donna aren’t usually first. But that’s because there’s a whole ecosystem of national recruiting specific sites for CBB that have cornered the market on all the key sources that are connected to the top 100-200 high school recruits and top transfers and they’re given all the info first. Those are the guys that jockey for the big recruiting scoops. The handlers and high school/AAU coaches are giving those scoops to the national reporters, not the local beat journalists. You think the local beat reporters in, say, Lansing Michigan or Lawrence Kansas or Louisville are landing the big recruiting scoops for MSU, Kansas and Louisville? I can tell you they’re not.
I was in the business for a long time. I know how it works. I know the issues and competitive nature of recruiting news. You have to be on top of it almost 24/7. The same goes with other news, and now with the portal and NIL, it’s become a cluster.

We are getting another center. It is just a matter of who at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom