Class of 2015 - Jessie Govan... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Jessie Govan...

So if I'm reading between the lines does that mean when you said we got the one we want and were supposed to get a commit that it was Bryant not Diagne?

Don't read between the lines.

Could you please explain what it is about Diagne that you like better than Gowan?

Gown's numbers against what I'm assuming was the same competition blows the others away.

Jessie Govan 4 games-17.7PPG, 55% FG 27-49 overall, 6.2RPG, 89% FT 17-19 overall.

What seems to be everyone's first choice (he's a tease)

Thomas Bryant 4 games-6.7PPG, 48% FG 12-25 overall, 4.7RPG, 1.5BPG.

Most folks 2nd choice

Moustapha Diagne 4 games-8.2PPG, 58% FG 14-24 overall, 6RPG, 1.2BPG, 35% FT 5-14 overall.

The third choice

Georgios Papagiannis 4 games-9.7PPG, 52% FG 19-36 overall, 6.2RPG, 2.2BPG

Govan seems to have a better offensive game. Bryant is listed as the tallest. Dang is slightly heavier. I am beginning to think the coaches really don't care too much who they have at the minute level. I think they just extend offers to a class or type of players and hope one chooses SU.

Coming off the year we've had and the lack of production of our centers I don't blame Govan going with GT. Just like the 2-3 zone the Orange need to develop some kind of motion system on offense. For the last couple of seasons we've counted on our players creating offense in isolation. Once teams figure out each player's tendencies on offense we were toast and easy to defend.

I have know idea what that is and I have a feeling this is a good thing. :)
Vanilla Sky was a Tom Cruise movie with Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz it was a horrible movie but the Last Samurai was a great movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a very low scoring game but based on this one game this kid going to Georgetown wasn't too impressive. He looked a little like Conrad Mc Rae but played like Conrad Bain. Wings did have a kid, #4, who is headed to Hofstra that had a real nice game with 25 points in a very low scoring game. Too bad he is only 5'11" but he did play great defense against much taller guards. Wings is in the championship game tonight at 9 pm on Time Warner.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Shenendehowa-boys-basketball-loses-in-Class-AA-6164613.php

Here is a picture of the Georgetown kid playing against Cardozo a couple weeks ago.

hsboys15s-1-web.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom