Jesus...a freaking Bernie Fine question in the presser | Syracusefan.com

Jesus...a freaking Bernie Fine question in the presser

what did they ask and what did jb say?

Some female reporter mentioned that Bernie Fine filed papers against ESPN -- defamation lawsuit -- and if JB had any comment on that.

He said, I have no comment.

Basically a female reporter asked him to comment on Bernie Fine filing a lawsuit against ESPN and what did he think. JB said he doesnt care basically.

jiFfM.jpg

It was on SNY in NYC area... A woman reporter said something like, "Bernie Fine filed a defamation suit against ESPN, what are your thoughts?" JB said, " I have no thoughts."

JB showed class when answering question. What a Bi**h to ask a question like that after a great win for the Cuse.

Does anyone really think she wants to ask that question in a situation like this?
She likely was told to ask the question...probably so they would have Boeheim's reaction for inclusion in the story they'll do about Fine.
That's her job.
And like most of us...sometimes you have to do your job even when you don't like doing what you have to do.

Does anyone really think she wants to ask that question in a situation like this?
She likely was told to ask the question...probably so they would have Boeheim's reaction for inclusion in the story they'll do about Fine.
That's her job.
And like most of us...sometimes you have to do your job even when you don't like doing what you have to do.

Probably true...but why I hate journalism in 2013. The job description requires you to be a inconsiderate dickbag with no morals or integrity.

That's her job.

Good point, although I think both your post and the one you replied to were deserving of "likes" as they told the truth.

Probably true...but why I hate journalism in 2013. The job description requires you to be a inconsiderate dickbag with no morals or integrity.

I could not disagree more. The news just came out about the lawsuit and Boeheim vehemently defended Fine when the whole thing started. This was the first opportunity to attempt to get his reaction since the news broke. What is she supposed to do, wait until Saturday when either he's ticked off he just lost or it's even more out of place after a win to go to the Final Four? Or should her employer run a story with no attempt to get the thoughts of Boeheim, one of the key people in the story? Then people would rip on them for having no morals or integrity to even ask Boeheim what he thought.

I could not disagree more. The news just came out about the lawsuit and Boeheim vehemently defended Fine when the whole thing started. This was the first opportunity to attempt to get his reaction since the news broke. What is she supposed to do, wait until Saturday when either he's ticked off he just lost or it's even more out of place after a win to go to the Final Four? Or should her employer run a story with no attempt to get the thoughts of Boeheim, one of the key people in the story? Then people would rip on them for having no morals or integrity to even ask Boeheim what he thought.

Actually, I think Bernie's papers were filed in November. At least that's what I remember seeing in an article yesterday.

1. It was in inappropriate time to ask a question like that. Hopefully nobody asked about the NCAA investigation.
2. The last time JB commented on the Fine situation, he was sued.

What did the reporter expect him to say? Credit JB for not rising to the bait.

So now USA Today can write "When asked to comment on the pending lawsuit, Syracuse Head Coach Jim Boeheim refused to comment."
With deference to JB's earlier response to a reporter, that isn't exactly Pulitizer-Prize winning reporting, is it?

Look at the bright side: At least no writer has referred to the situation as "Fine-gate".

1. It was in inappropriate time to ask a question like that. Hopefully nobody asked about the NCAA investigation.
2. The last time JB commented on the Fine situation, he was sued.

What did the reporter expect him to say? Credit JB for not rising to the bait.

So now USA Today can write "When asked to comment on the pending lawsuit, Syracuse Head Coach Jim Boeheim refused to comment."
With deference to JB's earlier response to a reporter, that isn't exactly Pulitizer-Prize winning reporting, is it?

Look at the bright side: At least no writer has referred to the situation as "Fine-gate".
Not what he said- he was asked if he had any thoughts and he said no.
Nothing for ESPN to twist into a headline

That's her job.
then as part of her job, she shouldve been punched 2x.

once to break her nose.

once to break her jaw.

then she can go back to her 'employer' and show them what happens when you make employees ask stoopid, inappropriate questions.

my thoughts . bernie was JB's close friend,associate and assistant coach for 40 years. dude decides to sue ESPN tourney week. it's a fair question given the long history between them . i do question bernies timing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom