Jim Brown - Donovan McNabb | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Brown - Donovan McNabb

1 of the local atlanta radio guys goes crazy everytime a listener says this. Says its the most southern thing ever to do. Cracks me up you just said it.
Please tell me Steak Shapiro isn't still on the air!

Please tell me Steak Shapiro isn't still on the air!

Haha. He is. Has a tv show for food now too.

I was referencing Mike Bell. Who used to work for Steaks old radio station.

In all seriousness, I think the answer to this question is, without debate:

ERNIE DAVIS

In all seriousness, I think the answer to this question is, without debate:

ERNIE DAVIS

I love Ernie but I'll go with the guy who literally knocked out a Hall Of Fame linebacker in Sam Huff in a collision just past the line of scrimmage. Not only did he knock Huff out in the collision but he actually knocked out some of his teeth as well. Huff would go on to say it was the hardest he was ever hit, period. give me Jimmy Brown all damn day. Love Ernie but Jimmy was the man that started it all.

I love Ernie but I'll go with the guy who literally knocked out a Hall Of Fame linebacker in Sam Huff in a collision just past the line of scrimmage. Not only did he knock Huff out in the collision but he actually knocked out some of his teeth as well. Huff would go on to say it was the hardest he was ever hit, period. give me Jimmy Brown all damn day. Love Ernie but Jimmy was the man that started it all.
No doubt, Jim Brown is the greatest of all-time. But I think Ernie represents Syracuse University football better than anyone.

Of course, Davis never got a chance to play. Brown's pro record is just off the charts incredible. In 1963 he rushed for 1,863 yards in 14 games with 6.4 yards per carry. In a few of those games he had less than 15 carries. If he had been trying to break a record, who knows what he might have done. He averaged over 100 yards per game, (12,312 in 118 games) and averaged over 5 yds. a carry for his career.

Some here can dish better statistics than I can, but that's just getting started.
And the way he got up after every time he was tackled - you'd think he'd never play another snap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom