jimmy boeheim | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

jimmy boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he wants the once in a lifetime opportunity to play for his Dad alongside his brother?
It could be.

When all the insiders are saying it is going to happen, it is almost surely going to happen. I don't see it but I didn't grow up a Boeheim. That might trump everything else when it comes down to brass tacks.

If I might, I would like to get back to Jimmy...

I know a number of well placed and respected sources have been saying Jimmy is going to play for Syracuse.

I see don't see it. I have no sources. I just think Jimmy has to have a number of attractive options here, some of which he will likely get a lot more playing time than he would at Syracuse.

I would think after being 'the man' at Cornell, it would be very hard for him to move to a small role at Syracuse. From all accounts, he is very competitive and confident but why choose a school where the best case scenario is a role as the 3rd forward?

And if he was seriously thinking about Syracuse, why not wait until Quincy announced his decision, so he would better understand what his role with Syracuse would be?

Being JB's son, he might have advance info on what Q is going to do (though I suspect Quincy truly hasn't made up his mind and probably won't until he has a chance to work out with some NBA teams).

So the fact Jimmy's announcement is imminent makes me hold my ground. I still think he is going somewhere other than Syracuse. A place where he will be a starter and a key player on the team.

(Jimmy, this is your queue to make your announcement for Syracuse, and make me look bad).
That makes a lot of sense. Nothing against Jimmy, but it might be best if he were to play elsewhere. I fear what might happen with fans next year if both of JB's boys are playing. As for Joe getting hate from some fans, that was really crap. Joe is a very likeable guy - why would anyone not appreciate a kid/player like him? The reality is that it was really about JB and his rotations, but unfortunately Joe took some of the heat for doing nothing wrong.

It could be.

When all the insiders are saying it is going to happen, it is almost surely going to happen. I don't see it but I didn't grow up a Boeheim. That might trump everything else when it comes down to brass tacks.
Marek, Bobby, Woody, AG are gone and possibly Quincy. There is a need for an experienced front court player like Jimmy.

If I might, I would like to get back to Jimmy...

I know a number of well placed and respected sources have been saying Jimmy is going to play for Syracuse.

I see don't see it. I have no sources. I just think Jimmy has to have a number of attractive options here, some of which he will likely get a lot more playing time than he would at Syracuse.

I would think after being 'the man' at Cornell, it would be very hard for him to move to a small role at Syracuse. From all accounts, he is very competitive and confident but why choose a school where the best case scenario is a role as the 3rd forward?

And if he was seriously thinking about Syracuse, why not wait until Quincy announced his decision, so he would better understand what his role with Syracuse would be?

Being JB's son, he might have advance info on what Q is going to do (though I suspect Quincy truly hasn't made up his mind and probably won't until he has a chance to work out with some NBA teams).

So the fact Jimmy's announcement is imminent makes me hold my ground. I still think he is going somewhere other than Syracuse. A place where he will be a starter and a key player on the team.

(Jimmy, this is your queue to make your announcement for Syracuse, and make me look bad).

I agree 100% with this.

it’s the feel good story if he comes here, having basically the whole clan.

but I just don’t see him ending up here.

I truly hope he does but I can see a lot of reasons why he wouldn’t.

I think you guys are underestimating the fact that Syracuse is a top program in the country and Jimmy has a chance to have established himself at a local ivy league school, do well, and now come back and ride off into the sunset with his brother and dad at said top program in the country.

This is Syracuse mind you. He may love the place and is a huge fan of the school.

The fact he hasn't made a decision yet makes me think he was waiting for the dominos at Syracuse to fall so he can go to Syracuse

Still no decision from Jimmy Jr. Worst kept secret in CNY and now people are getting nervous.

Another pointless post.

I'm getting nervous. There. Especially when people around town are talking his high major offers are from Duke and Gonzaga. Especially coming off how non committal he has been and quiet.

"...people around town"

Yes. Was out the other night and was a group of people just talking about the program and said Jimmy Jr has offers from Duke and Gonzaga. So I get nervous. Just want official so we know the roster.

And with all that said, Q coming back is bringing back a kid who is a better handle away from being a dominant collegiate player. His return changes a lot.

yep, difference maker. Team is def top 25 if he’s back imo, even with point guard concerns.

that said, I still think he’s going...but if Jimmy doesn’t pick Cuse, I’m changing course. I’m sure he knows what’s up

I'm getting nervous. There. Especially when people around town are talking his high major offers are from Duke and Gonzaga. Especially coming off how non committal he has been and quiet.
Who is saying Duke offered him?

Yes. Was out the other night and was a group of people just talking about the program and said Jimmy Jr has offers from Duke and Gonzaga. So I get nervous. Just want official so we know the roster.
Whether you know this afternoon or 2 months from now, the roster will be what the roster will be. No sense worrying about things you can't control.

Whether you know this afternoon or 2 months from now, the roster will be what the roster will be. No sense worrying about things you can't control.

I get that but everybody said complete lock. Also worried how bad it would look for us as a program and JB if he doesn't come here.

I get that but everybody said complete lock. Also worried how bad it would look for us as a program and JB if he doesn't come here.
Not "everybody" said it was a complete lock.

And I don't think reasonable people will think it's a bad look if he transfers to a school more suited for his academic interests.

Not "everybody" said it was a complete lock.

And I don't think reasonable people will think it's a bad look if he transfers to a school more suited for his academic interests.

Exactly. Jimmy Jr. might elect to come here to experience the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play with his brother at Syracuse, where his father has coached for 45+ years over the course of a HOF career.

Or he might opt to go somewhere else, where he can earn more PT. It would be a "story" that lasts about one day, then is dropped and forgotten. Nobody would interpret that as "JB can't recruit son."

Still no decision from Jimmy Jr. Worst kept secret in CNY and now people are getting nervous.
I just talked to Jimmy, I told him people were getting nervous and that he really needed to announce his decision because some nervous people on social media completely outweigh one of the more significant decisions he has ever made. Based on this chat, he will announce sometime between now and August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom