Jimmy | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he is mentioning specific players by name that could leave is concerning

Keep that in house, its like hes already telegraphing the departures. Its your job to retain them. He says "who knows" well your the head coach, its your job to know and fix.
Yep...thought the same thing. Imagine my boss telling the public, referring to me "Maybe he will leave, who knows?" I think I might get the message...

Yep...thought the same thing. Imagine my boss telling the public, referring to me "Maybe he will leave, who knows?" I think I might get the message...
By getting the message do mean like working harder, staying late nights and working on the weekends?

By getting the message do mean like working harder, staying late nights and working on the weekends?
No, not that message...Ideally that would be discussed prior to going to the public.

That's about as clear a message as you could send. JB being a jerk publicly to his players. Again. You want to say that? You have a conversation in private.

Boehiem is gonna leave the basketball program as he found it in 70's... if it comes to fruition that the seniors return it will take years for whoever Boehiem's replacement is to restore the program...

Such drama.

Yep if 11 is his ideal, no one can ever say that sanctions and scholarship limits are why we've struggled.

If only number of scholarships was the only sanctions

The commentary about certain guys that have left, why certain recruits didn't commit.

I don't even know what to say.

This is the easiest thing to recruit against us, ever. "Is your last name Boeheim or are you friends with the family? No. Then what are you doing considering Syracuse?".

Honestly, what are we doing?
Even easier, just read this board.

Reached the point where I'm more amused than anything.
If JB doubles-down with the same 35" guys he Trusts for another season, so be it. He's the boss.
Would be interesting to poll the fan base regarding perspective on another season with the same lineup.
But what's the point. Shine On You Crazy Diamond!

Roy didn't do much of anything before or after Boeheim.
I think Roy’s last four years he took them to the NCAA tournament, what evidence says Boeheim was the one running the show?

I think Roy’s last four years he took them to the NCAA tournament, what evidence says Boeheim was the one running the show?
Let's see. Boeheim hasn't had a losing season in 45 years and RD didn't have a winning season at Tulane.

No, not that message...Ideally that would be discussed prior to going to the public.

Do you know that it wasn't?

It seems like I have to say this over and over again: Everyone is frustrated, the struggles are clear. It is unnecessary and counterproductive to just make crap up about JB, JW, the assistants, etc. Look at how much insanity is in this thread.

Claiming the previous coach had no control of the team in 1975? Like what? I know you think it proves some kind of point, but you clearly have no idea if that is true or not.

Claiming that nepotism or being friends with Buddy determines playing time? Really? How do you know that? Oh that's right because Jimmy gets more minutes than Benny. I'd love to see the coaching skill that would prompt somebody to play Benny more at this point. Jimmy might not be good enough for what we want, but he's a lot better than Benny.

Claiming that JB never talks with the players and if says something in the press it means he has never had that conversation with the player. You know this how?

The reality: JB has not recruited well enough in recent years. He has constructed a flawed roster and has not been able to mold them into what he thought he could. We aren't a very good team as a result. No fantasy stories required.

Let's see. Boeheim hasn't had a losing season in 45 years and RD didn't have a winning season at Tulane.
Bobby Knight or John Wooden might have a hard time having a winning season at Tulane

Bobby Knight or John Wooden might have a hard time having a winning season at Tulane
I've seen this movie before where the talented assistant is the guy really making things happen in every kind of endeavor.

Do you know that it wasn't?

It seems like I have to say this over and over again: Everyone is frustrated, the struggles are clear. It is unnecessary and counterproductive to just make crap up about JB, JW, the assistants, etc. Look at how much insanity is in this thread.

Claiming the previous coach had no control of the team in 1975? Like what? I know you think it proves some kind of point, but you clearly have no idea if that is true or not.

Claiming that nepotism or being friends with Buddy determines playing time? Really? How do you know that? Oh that's right because Jimmy gets more minutes than Benny. I'd love to see the coaching skill that would prompt somebody to play Benny more at this point. Jimmy might not be good enough for what we want, but he's a lot better than Benny.

Claiming that JB never talks with the players and if says something in the press it means he has never had that conversation with the player. You know this how?

The reality: JB has not recruited well enough in recent years. He has constructed a flawed roster and has not been able to mold them into what he thought he could. We aren't a very good team as a result. No fantasy stories required.
Fine, I will rephrase - it doesn't need to be said publicly, at all. There is no need for it whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom