Jimmy | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that the offense still revolves around Jimmy even tho Jesse is far and away much better. And that if we are clamoring to bring back Jimmy, it will stay the same. I'm glad we can all agree that Jesse is better, all of us except our head coach.

Usage isn’t a good comparison with a center. Just because of how the position is played always puts them at an unfair advantage.

Just when the program is in desperate need of change, we get an unwanted dose of mediocre continuity.
Well put. I would welcome all these guys coming back, if I felt that JB would take a full roster and develop it and substitute more frequently and utilize different lineups. But, we know what is going to happen if all these guys come back. They will play even more than this year and a bunch of players will become angry and transfer.

Usage isn’t a good comparison with a center. Just because of how the position is played always puts them at an unfair advantage.

Sure, and PER skews for bigs as well (versus a guard).

But you can just take a look at shots per game and the points output then if you'd like. We can keep going.

And you know basketball, just check the eye test, you know that Jimmy dominates the ball relatively to Jesse.

All credit to Jimmy for this 3pt shooting, but what he takes from us on defense and how much his offensive output is versus how much he has the ball, it's not worth the zero-sum imbalance between him and Jesse, *especially* for next year.

We are 8-8 with Jimmy and Buddy dominating the ball in the half court. And we want to run it back. Now, if you could guarantee me that we would fully re-calibrate our team so Jimmy had a much smaller role, sure, sign me up. But you and I and everyone here knows that's not the case.

Just to go back to the initial statement, sure, a center will have a lower usage. With that said, we aren't measuring Jesse against Buddy here.

Sure, and PER skews for bigs as well (versus a guard).

But you can just take a look at shots per game and the points output then if you'd like. We can keep going.

And you know basketball, just check the eye test, you know that Jimmy dominates the ball relatively to Jesse.

All credit to Jimmy for this 3pt shooting, but what he takes from us on defense and how much his offensive output is versus how much he has the ball, it's not worth the zero-sum imbalance between him and Jesse, *especially* for next year.

We are 8-8 with Jimmy and Buddy dominating the ball in the half court. And we want to run it back. Now, if you could guarantee me that we would fully re-calibrate our team so Jimmy had a much smaller role, sure, sign me up. But you and I and everyone here knows that's not the case.

Just to go back to the initial statement, sure, a center will have a lower usage. With that said, we aren't measuring Jesse against Buddy here.
The funny part is that I think Jimmy is literally a perfect 6th man. He would dominate backups and we would have a bench. It would also allow Benny to get in the game flow with starters. It’s not necessarily who is the better player. It’s the role
They play which is important…

The funny part is that I think Jimmy is literally a perfect 6th man. He would dominate backups and we would have a bench. It would also allow Benny to get in the game flow with starters. It’s not necessarily who is the better player. It’s the role
They play which is important…

Fully. I don't hate Jimmy. Jimmy isn't doing anything that the coach hasn't given him the green light and asked him to do.

I just can't imagine looking at this team and then running it back.

Fully. I don't hate Jimmy. Jimmy isn't doing anything that the coach hasn't given him the green light and asked him to do.

I just can't imagine looking at this team and then running it back.
Exactly. I feel like Christmas Vacation - Well, something had to come through the window! Something had to break the stereo!

Well, something has to be the reason we're 8-8. No, let's just bring the same guys back and do it all over again!

Exactly. I feel like Christmas Vacation - Well, something had to come through the window! Something had to break the stereo!

Well, something has to be the reason we're 8-8. No, let's just bring the same guys back and do it all over again!
It takes time to learn the rotations.

Also, was there no way to keep this thing under wraps? If the NCAA says no, there is still a lot of damage done. I have no idea the process, so maybe not. But this is crazy.

I don't have access to the full article - did we willingly put this out there? Did someone leak it?

[EDIT: Just read the headline. JB let everyone know. Got it. OK then.]

I watched the Auburn vs Alabama game. Every single player was a beast. Every player so athletic. That used to be us. I try to imagine us playing one of those teams. We would have to be scrappy and slug it out and make it an ugly game. I used to hate when some scrub team would come that wasn't worthy and try to muck up the game against our thoroughbreds. Now we are one of those teams I hated. I will never hate any Syracuse team or player, but I can't help but feel a little sad at what we've become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom