Joe Girard. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I pulled up his recruiting thread which I started in 2016 when he was a freshman in high school. Some of the comments are amusing. Sorry Clemson lost tonight but they ran into a team that got a little hotter than them. Plus the missed FT's didn't help. Good luck to Joe.

Objectively the greatest 3-point shooter to ever don the Syracuse jersey.

No, Gmac was
I think GMac was one of the best CLUTCH 3 point shooters in Syracuse history, but by pure percentages, there are multiple people with better numbers. Him and JG were were pretty close with JG out edging him by ~1% overall.

That being said, numbers aren’t everything of course

Don't understand any negativity surrounding Joe. He gave
100% when he was here. Never was an exceptional athlete,
but made the most of his god given talents.

If we accept the whole concept of the portal and NIL being
a given in today's college world, we should never hate on anyone
who leaves for a better opportunity. You can't embrace those
coming in from another program and criticize those who leave.

I don't personally like the idea of the portal and NIL, so I've
stepped away from the college game as a fan. Always root
for SU to succeed. Just won't support the environment.

Last edited:
I wish Joe had been used properly by JB. I also wish Joe had been in as good condition as he was at Clemson, and was more willing to take only good, open shots here like he did at Clemson.

This.

We didn't get the "best Joe"... A lot of that was because of how and where we played him, but also because he wasn't in his best playing shape while here, and that's on him. He's clearly faster with Clemson and doesn't tire in the second half as much or take as many plays off on defense.

Glad he was able to transfer, drop 15 lbs and get in shape, play his natural position effectively, and make a deep run in the tournament.

Not glad he had to transfer to do that.

Last edited:
This.

We didn't get the "best Joe"... A lot of that was because of how and where we played him, but also because of he wasn't in his best playing shape while here, and that's on him. He's clearly faster with Clemson and doesn't tire in the second half as much or take as many plays off on defense.

Glad he was able to transfer, drop 15 lbs and get in shape, play his natural position effectively, and make a deep run in the tournament.

Not glad he had to transfer to do that.
This is a good post.

I don't think anyone hated him. Some people thought he wasn't utilized correctly.
Read the subject title it certainly implies that, why write it then. No one even questioned the subject. I was just replying to it. Some people might be backtracking a bit but the negativity was certainly apparent. Sad that he had to go elsewhere to feel the appreciation.

i like joe g3. always have. despite some doubters i originally was a major rooter for him to come to the cuse. local kid. just like buddy i thought they both would be great bench players here. unfortunately our coach had other dreams. frosh starters playing major minutes . neither will/would be drafted.
clemson had a great tourney run and i'm happy for joe . i watched the clemson games just becuz of joe in fact . not sure we saw his best games . but glad he got to finish up his career on a high note. really good player.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom