joe schmo show | Syracusefan.com

joe schmo show

tbonezone

Living Legend
read a piece in last sunday's NYT that they were starting up a new season and it sounded intriguing so i watched last tuesday's episode. i found it funny so i went back and watched season 2 in it's entirety. very funny if you have a mean streak and enjoy watching the suffering of others. i haven't found season 1 yet but it's my understanding that kristen wiig (snl,bridesmaids) was a participant.
hard to believe some of these people are so gullible but worth a look if you like satiric parody.

I saw Season 1 way back when it first aired and really liked the show. The guy was pretty likable if I recall correctly. I don't remember watching Season 2 though.

Watched season 1 only because Kristen Wiig is a friend of my wife. Before that show she was basically doing commercials and improv with the Groundlings. Sat with one of the other actors from Joe Schmo at her wedding, really funny guy that I have not seen since the show.

I love this show, despite how ridiculous it is.

Of course in this new season they are pushing their luck, and are in fact lucky that some of the people are recognizable. They are using the same host, but having him act under a different name, and one of the other "contestants" is a tall redheaded guy who I recognized immediately from Super Troopers and The Greatest Game Ever Played.

Season one was great, though apparently the original Schmo was, behind the scenes, pretty humiliated and depressed after the fact and blew all of his money on booze and weed.

Season 1 came out when I was in college and our whole house used to get together to watch this show because it was friggin awesome.