John A. Lally Athletics Complex | Syracusefan.com

John A. Lally Athletics Complex

It's as if Manley Field House and those great memories from there never existed.

Slap in the face to the Manley and Lampe families.

Is something like this drawing recruits in?

The description of what complex is used for is in the drop down arrow.

It's as if Manley Field House and those great memories from there never existed.

Slap in the face to the Manley and Lampe families.

I mean this sincerely, can you expound on this? I obviously know Manley Field House, but why do you say this?

My goodness, that is a great video
The hype video is more for me than the building itself. Though the building is huge I wonder what else it will be, a cafeteria, weight room, etc or is it just gonna be rooms and study areas, and training appts?

It is new locker rooms, meeting rooms, training facilities, health and fitness facilities, kitchen, large dining area, lounge, etc -- all of which are desperately needed if we are to compete in the ACC... where virtually all the other schools have just completed facility upgrades in the $250 million range. Take a tour of our current facilities and learn how bleak they are. The softball team locker room, or example, is about the size of a large pick-up truck, with tacky furnishings rejected by a rummage sale.

Last edited:
It is new locker rooms, meeting rooms, training facilities, health and fitness facilities, kitchen, large dining area, lounge, etc -- all of which are desperately needed if we are to compete in the ACC... where virtually all the other schools have just completed facility upgrades in the $250 million range. Take a tour of our current facilities and learn how bleak they are. The softball team locker room, or example, is about the size of a large pick-up truck, with tacky furnishings that had been rejected by a rummage sale.
It’s amazing how much money is being dumped into facilities around the country, but that’s the bar that needs to be met these days to be relevant.

This is all good.

What is the proposed completion date? It appears that SU is generally always lagging behind. As you mentioned, "all the other schools have just completed facility upgrades in the $250M range." And, with SU's pinned at approximately $150M, it would seem (as you typically get what you pay for) that we'll still be laggards in that regard. Additionally, it's likely by the time SU completes this project, our other conference members will have additional resources used to have something else in the pipeline, if not completed. And, the beat goes on.

But SU also spent money on the new roof at the Dome that included upgrades, with more athlete focused upgrades being planned.

The $250 million reference in cto's comment I think is for Pitt's Victory Heights initiative, which is focused more on the Lacrosse, Track & Field, Baseball, and Softball teams at Pitt.

Recruiting is more than salesmanship. Recruits and advisors look at the product being sold. When I buy a car it is because it best fits the parameters that I wanf. To put it another way, our staff would sign more highly regarded recruits if they were selling schollies to Kentucky or Duke. As an ACC outlier we need superior facilities to have a better shot at winning more recruiting battles. Our position is not easy.

Recruiting is more than salesmanship. Recruits and advisors look at the product being sold. When I buy a car it is because it best fits the parameters that I wanf. To put it another way, our staff would sign more highly regarded recruits if they were selling schollies to Kentucky or Duke. As an ACC outlier we need superior facilities to have a better shot at winning more recruiting battles. Our position is not easy.
Your repeated position of SU being an ACC outlier is so tired now. Surely you must have another angle.

As an ACC outlier we need superior facilities. I surmise that if you wear orange colored glasses the obvious will not be visible. The ACC is not the fit that the Big East was. The proof is in our results.

It’s hard to tell from the video but is it just a new entryway and interior? Do all the old
Structures stay and get repurposed?

It’s hard to tell from the video but is it just a new entryway and interior? Do all the old
Structures stay and get repurposed?
It's the first phase of a "multi-year transformation." New entryway and interior. My understanding is that the "old structures" will be completely gutted. At one point, there was also talk of a new glass facade for the entire complex.

"Manley Field House, which has been the hub of activity and the center of student-athlete life for Syracuse University's athletics for nearly 60 years, will be, over time, transformed into the John A. Lally Athletics Complex, a state-of-the-art academic and athletics village that will benefit all student-athletes. Named after alumnus and three-time football letterwinner John Lally '82, he and his wife, Laura, made a $25 million gift commitment in 2019 to jumpstart work on the project, which will be entirely funded by private philanthropy."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom