John Belein? | Syracusefan.com

John Belein?

M

Manleymen

I wonder if John would be open to giving Cuse three years to revitalize SU Men’s basketball and hands things off. Sometimes you need to build a foundation brick by brick before you complete the house. His credentials stand tall.

I think hes in the runner up pool if we get turned down by the correct candidates (Musselman Oates Underwood.)

I also think hes too old you don't move on from your 78 year old and hire someone that has come across as old since the 90s.

Would love it, he's been tremendously successful at every stop along his career have, until the NBA. I wonder if he would relish a rehab opportunity, to go out on a high note.

You wouldn't be a long, long-term solution, but he would certainly write the ship. Great coach.

Should we start getting a rough group of names started now for the raiding party that's going to go spring him from the nursing home?
GIF by WGN America

Realistic names Shaka Smart, Buzz Williams, Mike Boynton, Jerome Tang, Pat Kelsey, Sean Miller, Ed Cooley, Brad Underwood, Chris Beard (too soon?)
Add Micah Shrewsbury from Ped St

Let's replace our 78-year-old coach with a 70-year-old?

Um, no thanks.
More like: let's replace our increasingly disengaged / semi-ineffectual coach with one who actually produces, so that our players can actually execute like every other top 25 team, and get back to winning consistently.

I do not want a stopgap. Then in another few years we are wondering when they will retire. The recruits have to wonder how long they’ll play for said coach. The negative recruiting against us. It’s the same scenario all over again.

Whoever the next guy is needs to be hired with the long term in mind. Give him a solid chance.

Tons of names to choose from and tons of guys would be interested.

If we're throwing names against the wall to see what sticks, how about Patrick Beilein?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom