John Bol is likely staying | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

John Bol is likely staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Would anyone be surprised if he ended up rounding into a contributor before his career is over? I could see him as a decent backup center.
I wouldn’t. His workout videos before he got here he was doing a lot of work on shooting and footwork and didn't look bad. His RS year during warmups he was pretty athletic and a decent 10 foot shooter for a big. Remember, early in the year he was the first big off the bench so he must have showed a little in practice. Not a star but could be serviceable. He's got a little upside unlike some bigs we've brought in like that Rochester kid Onohko? And catman Williams or whatever his name was.

Julio Bol needs the rock!

Very glad to see this. It is good to have quality people in the program. I could see him developing into a perimeter oriented shooting threat later in his career. He is raw and it is going to take some time but I think he can be a serviceable player for us down the road.

When he didnt announce landing elsewhere and Kaluma didnt commit, I figured he might return

Been a wierd offseason, I still feel like there will be a guard stuck in the portal that gets added in July since there are like 1200 kids still in it.

The pitch is easy, you have been in the portal for how long?? well I cant gurantee you anything but we only have 3 guards right now, and your getting a free education at Syracuse, interested?

I guess so...what does he bring at this point?

1622042659095.png
:)

I really hope that you wouldn't be hitting on any of the players.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Seriously, happy to have him back. Definitely seems like a great teammate and personality in the locker room. He has always been intriguing in that he is an outside-in sort of big man. Either way, his potential alone is a good enough prospect for me, whether it pans out or not.

Three headed monster (monster ??) at center !
15 fouls to give at the 5.
Hope he is able to elevate his game and qualify
for the 3 headed monster triad !
The more fouls at the 5, the better, especially given the history of injuries we have had at the 5.

Three headed monster (monster ??) at center !
15 fouls to give at the 5.
Hope he is able to elevate his game and qualify
for the 3 headed monster triad !
The more fouls at the 5, the better, especially given the history of injuries we have had at the 5.
And Big Guys on the opposing team aren't always the best free throw shooters

He will never see meaningful minutes here. That being said he’s a great locker room guy and loved by all his teammates. One thing that shouldn’t go unnoticed for next year is the team chemistry should be a lot better. All of these guys already pretty much know each other from either playing together last season, on the AAU circuit, etc...but everyone knows their role here. Symir knows he’s going to be the 3rd guard and he’s good buddies with Buddy, Jimmy, JG3, etc...Cole has a relationship with a few players on the team prior to even transferring here and has a relationship with the staff from out of high school. Jimmy self explanatory and Benny knows exactly where he stands with the staff and he’ll fit in well with the players we have based on his personality. All of this can’t go understated and should help improve the team growth as well.

Would think this is likely some combination of a lack of a desirable landing spot elsewhere, the potential that Sidibe’s recovery is in doubt, and perhaps Frank is still considering a visit to the portal.

No suitors from the portal unfortunately. With a lot of programs going the lower scholarship route like we sometimes do, there's going to be A LOT of bodies and no chairs to sit.

Would think this is likely some combination of a lack of a desirable landing spot elsewhere, the potential that Sidibe’s recovery is in doubt, and perhaps Frank is still considering a visit to the portal.

Some from column A, some from column B

and hopefully none of that past part.

Nothing against JBA - he looks to be an awesome person, great teammate, and a total crackup -
but in terms of hoops, I'd take Frankie A over him every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom