Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler

Kid wanted Duke.
He didn’t realize he would be the 13th scholarship.
He should have realized that when he got the offer but bet on himself showing he was better.
He is the 13th man on a team with 4 lottery picks.
He should have realized he wasn’t likely playing year 1.

Him leaving now is just bizarre as he shouldn’t have expected PT year 1.
Maybe it wasn't this year's situation that precipitated the move. Tucker is a SF; Duke has two SF's coming in next year, and both are Top 10 (if not Top 5) players. It's one thing to bide your time and play next year. It's another to be buried for at least your first 2 years.

It's clear some are still bitter that he chose Duke over Syracuse and are letting it cloud their perspective. And yes he made a bad choice going to Duke.

They are now doubling down saying his choice to leave now is a bad choice or makes no sense or shows no respect. That is irrational hatred in my view. Isn't leaving the situation ASAP the best choice for him... he will now be able to play parts of 4 seasons elsewhere.

I don't have much respect for a guy who quits less than 1/2 a season in.

He had no role - his quitting makes no difference, and the coaching staff may have well told him this was the right decision. He will now be able to go to a school that might have a role for him in the second half of his freshman year (next year)

Did the RJ Barrett commitment do it for him? Or was it the Cam Reddish? Zion Williamson considering Duke? He may have actually moved down on the depth chart next year. Everyone saw this coming when he committed. He was always going to be the 5th or 6th wing on the team. Too bad.

I don't have much respect for a guy who quits less than 1/2 a season in.

Does he have an advantage leaving at the end of the semester? Could he transfer now and play in the second semester next year?

Does he have an advantage leaving at the end of the semester? Could he transfer now and play in the second semester next year?

Yes

This is great news for the next time we Battle Duke for a recruit , and it doesn’t even matter what position the player is playing. They will get recruited over and wont play unless they are the next great player.

Except that every single recruit is convinced that he's the "next great player" and it can't happen to him.

Everybody says that you shouldn't drink 10 shots of Tequila on an empty stomach, but kids still do. :rolleyes:

This happens way more than fans realize. JB has actually asked players in this situation what they'd want to do, and he honors their request.

Mookie a couple times I think.

Has to sit TWO years if he transfers in-conference? That’s ridiculous. I wonder if the coach of the school the kid is transferring from has the ability to waive that.

I get the reason for it but it seems like an overly harsh rule that may need to be re-visits.

Did Gbinije sit for 2 years? Unless the rules changed since his transfer, I don't think he did. Unless we were technically still in the Big East when he transferred? My memory escapes me on that one.

SU was still in the big east.

Thanks for clarifying. Time certainly flies. Seems like it wasn't that long ago, but this makes sense now. Do we know if it had already been announced that we were joining the ACC when he transferred?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom