Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler

He was doing jb a favor. He knew the kid couldn't play and said, jb, go get marek. And to insure that we did, he took Tucker off our hands. That is a friend, my friends.
I thought we would have taken both Marek and Juiceman?

I'm glad we didn't get Hodge. Hodge was a jerk and it allowed us to get Warrick.
I have actually met Julius Hodge multiple times and this couldn't be farther from the truth. He was in the Raleigh area a lot until he took a coaching job out in California, and was extremely nice and approachable. He did a lot of charity work for the Holt brother's (Tory and Terrance) and was always really pleasant. Now I'm glad we did get Warrick but just wanted to point out that Hodge is a pretty nice person. he also use to join a sports talk radio show here weekly and was pretty good on the radio.

I have actually met Julius Hodge multiple times and this couldn't be farther from the truth. He was in the Raleigh area a lot until he took a coaching job out in California, and was extremely nice and approachable. He did a lot of charity work for the Holt brother's (Tory and Terrance) and was always really pleasant. Now I'm glad we did get Warrick but just wanted to point out that Hodge is a pretty nice person. he also use to join a sports talk radio show here weekly and was pretty good on the radio.
A73A5E46-4349-4A9B-A990-7C9032C662A7.jpeg

Are you trying to get banned from this board?

I remember him mocking SU fans when NC State beat us that year. He may not be a jerk now but he was then.

It’s thanksgiving and he still hasn’t played... and they are playing Portland state...

It’s thanksgiving and he still hasn’t played... and they are playing Portland state...

Wow wonder if he has regrets. Also wonder if he peaks at our games when he can. If it were me I know I would out of curiosity. Many people here predicted that would happen. Wow

Heard from a person who's very close to him that he's utterly miserable at Dook. Probably going to look to transfer...File this under "Could've seen this coming from a mile away" category.
RING RING. Hello Coach Boeheim please

Agreed. He was very animated on the court and was fired up to beat us at the Dome his freshman year, but over time I found him to be pretty likable. We would’ve loved him if he was Orange. But I’m glad we got Warrick, because he did turn out to be the better player and more what we needed to win the NC.

A couple classic Hodge quotes:

“New York is the place to be. I could wake up there at three in the morning and decide to go to the store for some chips and Snapple and there would be cars racing down the street and people walking around everywhere. If I do that here, I'd probably get attacked by a deer.”

Advice given to Cameron Bennerman, starting in place of the injured Scooter Sherrill, before a March 6, 2004 game at Wake Forest’s Lawrence Joel Coliseum:

“When you’re hungry, you eat; when you’re a frog, you leap; if you’re scared, get a dog.”

I think it's a little early for all this, but what do I know?

Im still miffed I couldnt work on my Shaft parody, dedidicated to Mr Tucker...it was so perfect, i wanted to take it into the studio. Clenching my fist now, sometimes you know when you see paydirt!

I don't usually pay a lot of attention to ex recruits, but Tucker's situation is so hard to ignore. What did K tell him - please come to Duke to be a practice player? He isn't playing this season, and they have recruited, not one, but two 5* players at his position for next year - and they are the #1 and #3 ranked prospects in the entire class! Hard to not read this as anything but K having no regard for Tucker.

Tucker didn't get a minute in this game, and I think 3 minutes in their last game vs nobody U. I can't see him getting much run this year, especially come conference play. Following year will be even worse for him with Barrett and Reddish coming in.

I don't usually pay a lot of attention to ex recruits, but Tucker's situation is so hard to ignore. What did K tell him - please come to Duke to be a practice player? He isn't playing this season, and they have recruited, not one, but two 5* players at his position for next year - and they are the #1 and #3 ranked prospects in the entire class! Hard to not read this as anything but K having no regard for Tucker.

He chose Duke for the education. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom