Josh Hough | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough

I don't know whether he got banned. I'm guessing he self-selected himself out, when his kid stunk the joint up.

When Tommy committed, he was a beloved poster. But in hyping his son, he couldn't resist putting down the incumbent [Dungey] or bad mouthing the OL / WRs and coaches. He claimed confidently that Tommy wouldn't redshirt, then was furious when he was redshirted [because the coaches correctly saw his limitations and wanted to maximize his development]. He claimed that Tommy would beat out Dungey his RF year, and then was furious when it didn't happen. And then he argued with people the next year when Tommy underperformed, making few friends as people began to sour on his act -- specifically because all he did was make excuses and throw other players under the bus to "explain" why Tommy wasn't producing.

Good freaking riddance. He was exhibit A of why parents of players should generally avoid posting here.

LOL he was hit with the ban because of some of the awful things he said about other players on here

LOL he was hit with the ban because of some of the awful things he said about other players on here
Could be. I'm just saying I don't know whether that's true or not

No reason to doubt what you're saying

Medical?
If a guy that redshirted previously gets hurt later and applies for a medical redshirt, they usually have to go back and "find" a medical reason for the first one in order for the 6th year to be approved.

I've been high on Hough since he committed. None of us know how serious his injury is/was. I truly believe the tandem of he and Tucker will be the best backfield we've had in decades.

What I miss is the almost daily posts by his dad on the recruiting side. I wish he would post here again, but don't blame his absence given what some here might have to say. That was the reason Tommy's dad quit posting.

No parent should ever post on these boards. Recipe for disaster. Never remember it really working out. Well, maybe Alec Lemon's dad but that's about it.

he could play the Elmore role next year but really be a threat to run which would be interesting. SWC has been wanting more 2 back looks and we could see it if he gets healthy.

Hey, if you're going to ground and pound, why not do it with two backs? It might save wear and tear on the quarterback.

No parent should ever post on these boards. Recipe for disaster. Never remember it really working out. Well, maybe Alec Lemon's dad but that's about it.
I remember Steven Clark's and Shyheim Cullen's dads being good contributors without any problems. I think Clark's dad still pops back in every now and then. Of course, I remember those players being fan favorites that didn't get criticized much on here. That makes a big difference.

I remember Steven Clark's and Shyheim Cullen's dads being good contributors without any problems. I think Clark's dad still pops back in every now and then. Of course, I remember those players being fan favorites that didn't get criticized much on here. That makes a big difference.
One was definitely more “professional” than the other.

Agree completely.
I often wonder how many player parents do read the board and not post. It must be incredibly difficult to not weigh in on things. Good for them for that kind of restraint. I couldn’t do it. Best to not read at all.

One was definitely more “professional” than the other.
I don't remember them going after anyone on here or ripping players. I onky remember criticism of medical staff. That seemed within bounds to me.

I don't remember them going after anyone on here or ripping players. I onky remember criticism of medical staff. That seemed within bounds to me.

Don't want to talk trash about the parents but CIL is right. At least that's my memory of it.

The bad outweighs the good in my mind. But I concede that our opinions on this topic can depend on what you come to these boards for. I come to shoot the sh%t about SU sports with randos.

Don't want to talk trash about the parents but CIL is right. At least that's my memory of it.
It's not so much the trash about the parents, so much as it's all the uninformed trash they'd have to endure as they search for worthwhile commentary. We have a huge variety of posters. Some are insightful, but others are just opinionated.

I feel like he's been hurt? But I agree, running Tucker 25+ eventually will be problematic. Adams should be good for 6-11 carries/game.
you would think. then you looking at the ncaa leaders and how many carries they are getting.

Its pretty much the top 10-15 all carrying about 21-23 times a game.. he isnt getting a load more than anyone else.

Tucker 22.3
Hall 22.3
Algier 21.8
Nichols 21.3
McCormick 23.75
Durant 23.25
roberts 23
Torrey 22.25
warren 21.87
Walker 21.87

Hey, if you're going to ground and pound, why not do it with two backs? It might save wear and tear on the quarterback.
Czonka and Little. Big Jim Nance and Little. 4-6 long drives per game. Our defense was well rested. With the occasional 60 yd. run by Floyd.

Last edited:
I feel like he's been hurt? But I agree, running Tucker 25+ eventually will be problematic. Adams should be good for 6-11 carries/game.
He must be but howd he get hurt, he hasnt had a carry in ages. Just 1 series 3-4 carries

I liked Billy Edelin's Dad.

The problem is simple. Fans and parents have slightly different priorities, though they both want the program to do well. It works best when the two parties see each other’s posts within those priorities and empathize.

Some are incapable of this. Some are too passionate about their priority to see clearly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom