Josh Hough | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough

The problem is simple. Fans and parents have slightly different priorities, though they both want the program to do well. It works best when the two parties see each other’s posts within those priorities and empathize.

Some are incapable of this. Some are too passionate about their priority to see clearly.
This. When I coached hockey the parents only cared about one player, not how well the team did. I didn’t last long

I often wonder how many player parents do read the board and not post.
Wonder the same about players. I found this place over 15 years ago when I was in college, and I didn’t attend Syracuse. Have to believe at least a few of them found there way here and lurked.

Don’t Believe the Hype, Play the Game! Edelin’s dad, BJ Johnson’s dad, and Allen Griffin’s dad were all good posters on the b-ball side IMO.

Edelin's dad was a walking NCAA violation.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Yeah not exactly clear on the message here? Good news? Leg is better hopefully?

No parent should ever post on these boards. Recipe for disaster. Never remember it really working out. Well, maybe Alec Lemon's dad but that's about it.
I agree but we have to face reality, most parents will read this board even if they don’t post on it. Same with recruits. The players are warned about doing it but I imagine curiosity wins sometimes. I also bet if positions were reversed most on this board , most would do the same thing to check out the attitude towards their child etc, plus the level of support for the players, program and coaches. It’s nuts not to realize that and pretend otherwise.

I agree but we have to face reality, most parents will read this board even if they don’t post on it. Same with recruits. The players are warned about doing it but I imagine curiosity wins sometimes. I also bet if positions were reversed most on this board , most would do the same thing to check out the attitude towards their child etc, plus the level of support for the players, program and coaches. It’s nuts not to realize that and pretend otherwise.
Well said, Cherie. Agree completely. Some of us have been saying the last part literally since the ‘90s.

I always believe people should never post anything here that they wouldn’t say directly to someone’s face. I recognize that when we are talking about players and game performances, etc, that can be very challenging. Still, posters ought to at least remember, before they post, that the people they are talking about - many of whom are players, parents, family members, recruits, coaches, et al - are going to be reading their words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom