JR Smith | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JR Smith

Better teammate? Head on his shoulders? I think that's going overboard, just because JR has been good JR for a couple months and yes he's on a team in the conference finals. One bad night out and I'm not talking on the court, all that will change. I'd just sit back and enjoy what he's doing at the moment, and not put him on a pedestal just yet. If he's matured great, he's been in the league for 11 years, I would hope someone gets it by then.
I know his history, I cringed when the Cavs picked him up, but it's possible, at 29 and after so many years in the league, he's wise enough to see he has a good thing going and doesn't wanna blow it by letting the evil JR slip out. He knows if he does that and creates turmoil, he's gonzo, LeBron will tell him, "You leave town tonight, right now, and when you're gone, you STAY gone or you'll BE gone. You lost all your Cleveland privileges."

I know his history, I cringed when the Cavs picked him up, but it's possible, at 29 and after so many years in the league, he's wise enough to see he has a good thing going and doesn't wanna blow it by letting the evil JR slip out. He knows if he does that and creates turmoil, he's gonzo, LeBron will tell him, "You leave town tonight, right now, and when you're gone, you STAY gone or you'll BE gone. You lost all your Cleveland privileges."

We're talking about the same guy who was suspended for the first 2 games of the last series, right?

I think it's a big problem is if JR is the 2nd best player on your team. If he's the 4th best player, you're probably in good shape

Bingo, you need to be able to pull him when bad JR has showed up.

No, it couldn't, because Dion isn't as good of a 3-point shooter.
JR's a volume shooter that could as easily go 8-12 as he could 1-10 for all he cares. Not complementing either of these players, just saying Dion had his turn in the spot light and blew it.

I can agree with that. Maybe he is maturing. Like that time he cold-cocked a player in the face just 2 weeks ago...wait.

I don't feel like starting a new topic because NBA threads are all over the place on this site, some here, some OT, some probably get sent to Football Recruiting, who knows BUT can I just say that I've never been a fan of James Harden, at all...he's making me a fan this postseason. Dude is ballin out against Golden State. Curry vs Harden is awesome. I want Golden State to advance but im hoping Houston holds home court becuase this series deserves to go more than 4 or 5 games.

Harden is really really good. Such an underrated passer. But I love watching Steph play.

I don't feel like starting a new topic because NBA threads are all over the place on this site, some here, some OT, some probably get sent to Football Recruiting, who knows BUT can I just say that I've never been a fan of James Harden, at all...he's making me a fan this postseason. Dude is ballin out against Golden State. Curry vs Harden is awesome. I want Golden State to advance but im hoping Houston holds home court becuase this series deserves to go more than 4 or 5 games.
Harden's great, probably should've been MVP fwiw, I thought he and the Rockets were gonna steal one at Golden State last night, coming back from, what, 17 or so down to have the ball in Harden's hands for the win at the end. I saw game-winner, didn't expect the turnover, but, no fear, Houston's winning one or two at home.

I think it's a big problem is if JR is the 2nd best player on your team. If he's the 4th best player, you're probably in good shape

With Kyrie injured JR is currently the 2nd best player on the Cavs and the GOAT has them on the edge of the finals.

I still like Steph as MVP but Harden is growing on me.

Steph is definitely, imo, the most exciting player in the game. His handle is insane, he has sick vision and his shot is just filthy. He can make the best defenders look like JV.

With Kyrie injured JR is currently the 2nd best player on the Cavs and the GOAT has them on the edge of the finals.
He's still had Kyrie until late in Game 1 at Atlanta. Kyrie is still a good player, even hobbled and demands respect of the defense. If Kyrie doesn't play tonight and Lebron leads them to a victory then i'll acknowledge your point... (and wont even bring up the Carroll/Sefalosha injuries as much as i'll want to ;))

Harden is really really good. Such an underrated passer. But I love watching Steph play.
How does Steph keep getting so wide open? Really would've liked to have seen Kyrie at peak form in a Warriors-Cavs series, Curry and Kyrie could be such a good show, but that ain't happening, even if the Cavs get past Atlanta. The Cavs may rest him tonight, may have no choice. After a great regular season Kyrie's quickly become Grandpa Drew. Too bad. Love watching him ball. That Boston sweep sure took a toll on Cleveland.

Steph's a freak, no doubt, but I think Draymond's their key to the next round and maybe the title.

He's still had Kyrie until late in Game 1 at Atlanta. Kyrie is still a good player, even hobbled and demands respect of the defense. If Kyrie doesn't play tonight and Lebron leads them to a victory then i'll acknowledge your point... (and wont even bring up the Carroll/Sefalosha injuries as much as i'll want to ;))

Carroll might be playing tonight I heard? Crazy, could have sworn that was his ACL.

Carroll might be playing tonight I heard? Crazy, could have sworn that was his ACL.
Man, that's insane, I heard it wasn't structural but when I saw that, I thought for sure he was done McCullough style.

IMO, the younger JR version at the same age as Dion now, still had more raw talent than Dion. Plus, he is a good couple of inches taller. There is a reason that JR is still in the league and producing big time despite his issues/antics/behavior. Albeit, straight out of high school, but JR came into the league in the 2004 draft! At this point in Dion's career, it is a bit hard for me to see him sticking in the league for 10+ years. I just don't think he impacts the game enough. I hope I'm wrong.

How does Steph keep getting so wide open? Really would've liked to have seen Kyrie at peak form in a Warriors-Cavs series, Curry and Kyrie could be such a good show, but that ain't happening, even if the Cavs get past Atlanta. The Cavs may rest him tonight, may have no choice. After a great regular season Kyrie's quickly become Grandpa Drew. Too bad. Love watching him ball. That Boston sweep sure took a toll on Cleveland.

Steph's a freak, no doubt, but I think Draymond's their key to the next round and maybe the title.
I think Steph would destroy Kyrie. Kyrie is good and might be able to put up some points but Steph is a solid defender while Kyrie is not and Steph can make guys like CP3 look silly. Agreed though, I don't see any way Cleveland beats Golden State without a healthy Kyrie. Klay will shut down JR, Draymond Green vs Lebron will be must see tv and Steph will go bonkers.

IMO, the younger JR version at the same age as Dion now, still had more raw talent than Dion. Plus, he is a good couple of inches taller. There is a reason that JR is still in the league and producing big time despite his issues/antics/behavior. Albeit, straight out of high school, but JR came into the league in the 2004 draft! At this point in Dion's career, it is a bit hard for me to see him sticking in the league for 10+ years. I just don't think he impacts the game enough. I hope I'm wrong.
Unless someone wants to make Dion their PG, you can't stay in the league 10 years without a jump shot. No way. Dion needs to fix that asap or he's got a very short shelf life. Inversely, if he does fix it...sky's the limit.

Unless someone wants to make Dion their PG, you can't stay in the league 10 years without a jump shot. No way. Dion needs to fix that asap or he's got a very short shelf life. Inversely, if he does fix it...sky's the limit.

Agree. Always best suited as a PG in the NBA. He CAN pass. But, part of his problem, is that he seems to truly care only about minutes now and stats. Not about a team or if they win. That seems pretty clear now.

Agree. Always best suited as a PG in the NBA. He CAN pass. But, part of his problem, is that he seems to truly care only about minutes now and stats. Not about a team or if they win. That seems pretty clear now.
I thought he was fine in OKC. He really tried on defense and was consistently their second best defender behind Westbrook. I'd imagine it's tough for a guy who has a great skillset of handle/penetration to be reserved to their weakness, spot up shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom