JT needs out of the lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JT needs out of the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it as Red asked him if he was ready and he said yes and that’s why he’s a part of the plans. If he wasn’t I doubt he would’ve been the first to start over Benny when he was out.
My interpretation is Red suggested to JT to move on and he won't be a big factor here, but JT convinced Red to keep him by saying he'll work really hard to be a shooter. I'm guessing Red kept him thinking he'll use him sparingly when they need a 3, but Benny flopped and Westry got injured.

none of the forwards are good...although bell actually played pretty well this game, imo...he is the one I keep.

JB kept Kadary on the bench for Girard/Buddy. big difference

who is Red keeping on the bench for taylor?

benny, q etc are brutal

Q had 6 turnovers, 0 assists vs UNC FYI...quadir has promise but still a long way to go.

during portal season, most posters were expecting some forwards to be brought in, none were.

Come on, Q was turnover happy today but he’s normally our most productive player besides Maliq.
Taylor should be very limited until he gets it together. Q should get all those minutes.

My interpretation is Red suggested to JT to move on and he won't be a big factor here, but JT convinced Red to keep him by saying he'll work really hard to be a shooter. I'm guessing Red kept him thinking he'll use him sparingly when they need a 3, but Benny flopped and Westry got injured.
Believing Benny could be a focal point of this team is the biggest mistake Red has made. Live and learn.

Believing Benny could be a focal point of this team is the biggest mistake Red has made. Live and learn.
I assume benny already has a foot out the door since he's playing limited minutes, but if not Red needs to be firm that he won't get any minutes next year. Donnie and a portal.

I feel bad for JT. He was Mr. Syracuse during his recruitment. Brought us Maliq. Couldn't wait to get here. I think he loves Syracuse, and I feel sad about what needs to happen, but it needs to happen. If he really really doesn't want to leave, then he can be the 9th or 10th guy on the roster and be a good teammate. Syracuse needs to level up and Red knows it needs to be now.

I assume benny already has a foot out the door since he's playing limited minutes, but if not Red needs to be firm that he won't get any minutes next year. Donnie and a portal.
I think he’s done as well. We don’t need him with Freeman coming in.

I think I started beating the JJ horse before he even signed. I’m not shocked he’s been this bad. I’ll be surprised if he gets much better.
Reminds me of Symir in a lot of ways.

Not too much talent to go to otherwise, but Taylor is really struggling and today lacked effort on top of that. Recruiting is going to have to improve by leaps and bounds.
Better leaps and more rebounds.

It’s enough. He can’t do anything on either end and seems to be lacking effort now. Let anyone else get minutes at this point. It’s glaringly obvious.
Singling out one player is futile, this team has overall talent and structural difficiencies. We can, and probably will, beat lower echelon and mid teams, however we wil probably lose and badly to any rated teams. MId season coaching will not be able to solve these difficiencies.

had 4 boards and 1 turnover in 26 mins. nothing else. and nothing else includes defense. zero.
(to be fair no defense was apparently the theme of this party. )

Theoretically.
Even if Freeman isn't who we think he is, there will be dozens of forwards better than Benny in the portal. It's not a coincidence the worst 3-year stretch in most of our live's is during the 3 years Benny's been here. We've kept his spot warm to keep him happy instead of getting someone else, and the experiement needs to end.

Even if Freeman isn't who we think he is, there will be dozens of forwards better than Benny in the portal. It's not a coincidence the worst 3-year stretch in most of our live's is during the 3 years Benny's been here. We've kept his spot warm to keep him happy instead of getting someone else, and the experiement needs to end.
In Reds defense the fans thought he was good too and blamed his tepid production on JB.

Not too much talent to go to otherwise, but Taylor is really struggling and today lacked effort on top of that. Recruiting is going to have to improve by leaps and bounds.
Is the '24 class done? I know Freeman and Moore are great prospects but this team needs shooters like yesterday. I sure hope Red's still looking to add more perimeter shooting to the '24 class.

Come on, Q was turnover happy today but he’s normally our most productive player besides Maliq.
Taylor should be very limited until he gets it together. Q should get all those minutes.
Duke UNC are the measuring sticks, imo ...forget all the other teams.

he was turnover happy against duke too

my post was about the forward corps, not Q specifically...im just not seeing him as a forward against this level of play....or even PG...at least not yet.

but yeah I prefer Q to Taylor...obviously

Last edited:
none of the forwards are good...although bell actually played pretty well this game, imo...he is the one I keep.

JB kept Kadary on the bench for Girard/Buddy. big difference

who is Red keeping on the bench for taylor?

benny, q etc are brutal

Q had 6 turnovers, 0 assists vs UNC FYI...quadir has promise but still a long way to go.

during portal season, most posters were expecting some forwards to be brought in, none were.
Two years in a row now we didn’t do anything to improve our team at the forward position and two years in a row it will submarine our season.

I'm not surprised at how bad we are playing against top teams like Duke and UNC. Talent matters. I'm not gonna come on here and complain about Copeland, Bell, Taylor and more. They just aren't top talents that can compete in the ACC as starters or guys that should play major minutes. You sub them for other guys and there is no difference. We need to give Red time to build a competitive roster. I am in repeat mode when I say to make it in the ACC, we will need 2 to 3 five star talents every year just like the best teams. The only guys we should be heavily criticizing are Benny, JJ and Judah ( 4/5 star guys who are not freshmen). Benny is broken from the Boeheim years and need to move on when the season ends, Judah was playing for himself and the NBA scouts, but now looks resigned to the fact that he isn't wooing them and won't even see the 2nd round, and I have no clue what is wrong with Starling. We need more than Freeman and Moore next year. At least 4 or 5 guys need to go so that we can get some competent transfers from the portal.

I remember him saying he was getting the talk, and Red kept him after JT made his counter argument. Not big part of the plans, just kept on the team. Benny was the big part of the plan that required JT to step in.
I probably interpreted it wrong. Bell always could’ve slipped in but Taylor still started over him. I don’t know.

People have to stop with the JT vitriol - he’s a two asked to play the 4 and NEVER complains or stops playing hard. Brown is a 4 playing the 5 and Never complains or stops working hard. When JT finds his shot (and he will) the people in this thread will disappear. I wish others on this team played like these two do instead of pouting and not playing hard 100%.

People have to stop with the JT vitriol - he’s a two asked to play the 4 and NEVER complains or stops playing hard. Brown is a 4 playing the 5 and Never complains or stops working hard. When JT finds his shot (and he will) the people in this thread will disappear. I wish others on this team played like these two do instead of pouting and not playing hard 100%.
How many half seasons do we have to wait for him to find his shot. He hasn’t been good since the Bryant game last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom