Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos is definitely making an impact. He has at least 2 pre- snap penalties every game. I can’t fathom what the heck he’s doing.

He's physically overmatched. So what he was probably doing is being worried about the five-star defensive lineman across from him who threatened to bull rush him backward every play. And that clearly disrupted him.

He's physically overmatched. So what he was probably doing is being worried about the five-star defensive lineman across from him who threatened to bull rush him backward every play. And that clearly disrupted him.

yeah they might make one a bit jumpy!

But is he any good? Not a great offer list.
I suspect that grades and Covid were a factor. He was at two other JUCOs before ending up at Hutchinson. From his Twitter it looks like he was at Blinn CC in 2019 and then spent 2020 and 2021 at Southern Shreveport JC.

JUCO is a late-offer business, especially if you didn't start at D1 and drop down.

JUCO is now also 3rd on the shopping list behind HS kids and the regular transfer portal.

If the numbers are right...he sure moves well for 325!
The shotgun snaps hit the QB in the numbers...is that "proper"?:cool:

What's this say about Ilaoa?

Definitely suggests that Ialaoa is not the long term answer at center.

He couldn't beat out Vetterello, who is limited inside. Maybe Ialaoa has a future at guard, or maybe he's only going to be a two-deep / depth guy. Time will tell.

But we need an upgrade at C -- against the teams we've faced, we're struggling to hold up at the point of attack inside. That needs to improve.

JUCO is now also 3rd on the shopping list behind HS kids and the regular transfer portal.
I wouldn't say that JUCO is the third option. I think it all depends on the position that one is looking to fill. There are lots of kids in the portal that have barely played a snap of college ball compared to a JUCO prospect with two years of experience. Coaches are going to recruit the best available prospect whether that is HS, JUCO or Portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.