Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy like this would really help improve run blocking.

Not hard to imagine a quality OL next year, even losing Bergeron, with Cruz / Cruz at OT, Bleich and Ellis at OG, and this kid manning the C. We'd also have some positional flexibility with a couple of other players, like Vett [who maybe beats out one of the Cruz'es at OT, Ialaoa, etc.

A guy like this would really help improve run blocking.

Not hard to imagine a quality OL next year, even losing Bergeron, with Cruz / Cruz at OT, Bleich and Ellis at OG, and this kid manning the C. We'd also have some positional flexibility with a couple of other players, like Vett [who maybe beats out one of the Cruz'es at OT, Ialaoa, etc.
Really need to get this kid. It would really put the O-line set some for next year.

Looks like he can play center or guard. llaoa has been a center at Cuse for 3 years. Why is Reed more of a true center than llaoa?

I don't know about "true." For me, it's more about Ialaoa not being able to beat out Vett at C, who has limitations.

Given that Center has been a weak spot with recruiting for several years, I want to see the coaches bring Reed in to compete. Hopefully, this kid would be an upgrade. If not, maybe he just bolsters depth on the two-deep. But I'd rather have more talent on the interior OL. May the best players win the PT.

Last edited:

Got to seal the deal fast!
Have we even gotten him on campus? I know everyone wants a C, but is this the guy we are after with guns blazing?

Do we know if he has any other visits scheduled? His profile says he's a December graduate, so he needs to make a quick decision to get to his next destination. Not sure how many visits he has lined up. If it's just us, have to love our chances.

But remember that there will be 3 more ov weekends in January, starting 1/13 before the February 1 signing day. They still have time to get more commits in case if more players leave.
Oh I know I meant this is the last visit this kid can make before early signing day. So hopefully he signs with us on early signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.